Beware of bully cats

Old May 7th 17, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Beware of bully cats

They can destroy your other cats' lives.

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.
Old May 10th 17, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
reilloc

On 5/7/2017 12:17 AM, John Doe wrote:
They can destroy your other cats' lives.

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

Yer kinda nutty, ain'tcha? Hogtying a cat you think's unPC? Where you
live and I'll call the ACPCA on you?

LNC

---
http://www.avg.com

Old May 10th 17, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
John Doe[_2_]

It is not "hogtied" you piece of ****.

So easy to act holier-than-thou over the Internet. If there
were some better way to cope that doesn't suffer the pretense
of holiness and self-sacrifice on the part of the advice
giver, let's hear it. Certainly letting my other cats suffer
is not the solution.

This troll can go **** itself, and its mother too...

Old May 14th 17, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
reilloc

On 5/10/2017 12:16 AM, John Doe wrote:
It is not "hogtied" you piece of ****.

So easy to act holier-than-thou over the Internet. If there
were some better way to cope that doesn't suffer the pretense
of holiness and self-sacrifice on the part of the advice
giver, let's hear it. Certainly letting my other cats suffer
is not the solution.

This troll can go **** itself, and its mother too...

Yer more'n jest a little nutty; yer fuktup in de haid. All yer cats's
sufferin' because they're yer cats. Yer an animal abuser, JD. Maybe
somebody investigating yer hoarding behavior'll notice the way you've
got one of 'em lashed up and send you to jail.

You'll like jail. No bullies there.

LNC

---
http://www.avg.com

Old May 14th 17, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
John Doe[_2_]

This is my original post...

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

To any normal person, that should look like an excellent
solution to a horrible problem. It is. Of course not all
people rescue cats, some buy cats from pet stores and might
not consider the possibility of having to cope with serious
behavioral problems. And when they do, they end up dumping
them on the street and people like me end up taking care of
them.

Maybe this troll is envious/jealous of my cat's Skyway. Or
maybe it is addicted to opioids. Or maybe the old man's
Depends is leaking...

Old May 14th 17, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
reilloc

On 5/13/2017 8:05 PM, John Doe wrote:
This is my original post...

[...]

Rescue? Yer the Jeffrey Dahmer of cat rescuing, saving them from a
lonely life on the street so you can bind them with leather and hobble
them until they submit. What next? Your calico casserole recipes?

Of course, I love it that you repeated your original, airheaded post
that included the memorable line, "...easily *dawn* and doff it." Is
that like Dawn Diego or Dawn King?

Now, get back to yer feline torture chamber and wait for that knock on
the door.

LNC

---
http://www.avg.com

Old June 27th 17, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected][_2_]

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:20:28 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
They can destroy your other cats' lives.

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs. Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.

Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.

Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question. And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.

There are others - but they are less blatant.

Now, as the "Cannibal Left" was mentioned, the rest is fair game:

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H.L. Mencken

“Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.”

Harry Truman
Old October 22nd 17, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:47:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:20:28 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
They can destroy your other cats' lives.

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

I just found this newsgroup,. Much of this post is simply wrong.

Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs. Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.

I had a cat who lost a rear leg to cancer. Post amputation, it could
run, jump, speed up stairs. Thier mobility is impaired far less than
believed. And this was a 16 year old who made it to 20.

Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.

And with too many cats what do you do? If it's a bully it's not going
to get a home, just dead.

Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question. And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.

Just wrong again. They can do most anything most other cats can do.
And what kind of "event" did you have in mind?

Old October 23rd 17, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peter W.

There is a difference between a cat that is adapting to a permanent injury, and a cat that has been deliberately hobbled. That a cat may look entirely recovered after a number of months or years does not equate to a hobbled cat in a panic situation.

Our big Maine Coon (21 pounds) likes to walk up (and down) the stairway handrails (center-hall colonial). And he will jump onto the level section or the newel posts at any point. Imagine him trying that, hobbled.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

Will Rogers
Old October 24th 17, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 06:34:15 -0700 (PDT), "Peter W."
wrote:

There is a difference between a cat that is adapting to a permanent injury, and a cat that has been deliberately hobbled. That a cat may look entirely recovered after a number of months or years does not equate to a hobbled cat in a panic situation.

Our big Maine Coon (21 pounds) likes to walk up (and down) the stairway handrails (center-hall colonial). And he will jump onto the level section or the newel posts at any point. Imagine him trying that, hobbled.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

Will Rogers

What adapting? The cat came home 2 days after amputating a rear leg
and it's first act was to jump on the bed. Next he walked on the
window sill. Except for walking funny there was no difference in the
cat's behavior. And this was at 16 years old.

Cats don't feel sorry for themselves which seems a large part of
recovery for humans. They just do with what they have.