Bewa coyotes killing cats

Old June 9th 04, 07:02 PM
J. Marz

Default Bewa coyotes killing cats

http://www.townonline.com/medford/ne...pc06092004.htm

June 9 2004

Sampson said coyotes can be infected with rabies, but it is extremely
rare. Statewide, there have been only two documented cases of coyotes
with rabies since 1994. And it is almost unheard of for the coyotes to
attack humans in New England.

"I wouldn't worry too much about coyotes as far as human interaction,"
he said.

Cats and small dogs, on the other hand, can easily become prey for the
coyotes.

"We have had quite a few cats come up missing in the city," said
Sampson. "I know a few have been eaten by coyotes; there is no doubt
about that."

One feline victim was owned by Joe Testa, a resident of Allan Dale
Road. He woke one morning in late May to discover that his family's
calico cat had been killed, most likely by a coyote.

Testa didn't see the coyote, but there have been a handful of coyote
sightings around Norwich Circle, which is where the cat's remains were
found. The cat, said Testa, had obviously been killed and eaten by
another animal.

The cat, named JJ, had been part of the Testa family for 10 years.

"Our two little kids were crying; they were sad," said Testa, a father
to daughters ages 5 and 7. "When my daughters were babies, the cat was
already in the house."

Old June 10th 04, 01:08 AM
The Bulldog

"Tim Farrow" wrote in message
. com...
That's why people with brains don't move where coyotes live if they have
cats.

Hey douchbag, when I moved here 26 years ago, we didn't have coyotes around
here. But with the urban sprawl and all, the coyotes have moved in. Only a
moron would let their cat out to die in the wild. Cats are not wild animals
and disrupt the natural order of things outside in the wild. A few weeks
ago while on my motorcycle, I nailed someone's cat. It was not intentional,
the damn moron ran out in front of me and I had two choices. Nail the cat
or dump the bike... The bike is not going down because some moron let their
cat out to be killed...

People who love their cats don't let them out to be killed by coyotes, James
Marz and traffic... Keep the kitty in the house where it belongs... My
little gray kitty will live a long and healthy life without ever going
outside...

Growling at the world,

Bulldog...

Old June 10th 04, 01:23 AM
J. Marz

The Bulldog wrote;

"Tim Farrow" wrote in message

. com...
[...]

ROFL!! Well put Bulldog!

James Marz

Born in lust, turn to dust.
Born in sin? come on in! - Stephen King

Old June 10th 04, 07:10 AM
Cat Protector

I would have swerved to avoid the cat. A motorcycle is something that can be
replaced, a life can't.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com