The cats of the Blue Cave

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 27th 03, 04:13 AM
badwilson

Default The cats of the Blue Cave

Last night, I went out to this local bar called the Blue Cave. The Blue
Cave is a bit of a dump, but some of the pilots from the base here play in a
band and the Blue Cave lets them take the stage once a week, so I try to go
and show my support.
The Blue Cave is also very aptly named, because it is semi-subterranean and
sports blue carpet that goes all the way up the walls, as well as a blue
pool table.
So at about midnight last night, after any real customers had been driven
from the premises by the awful sounds of the band (hey, I never said they
were any good!) and only the obligatory friends crowd remained, the owners
of the Blue Cave let their 3 cats out into the bar. (The owners live
upstairs from the bar).
Their 3 cats were purebred Siamese, one mother and 2 teenagers. You could
tell that the cats considered the bar to be their rightful domain because
they started chasing each other around and wrestling with each other
immediately. Then it began. The funniest thing I have ever seen. The cats
started climbing the carpeted walls and just hanging there. I swear, beer
came out of my nostrils. I was laughing hysterically! The cats would chase
each other up the walls, hang there for a bit and then back down a bit, jump
to the floor and the chase started all over again. One cat even climbed so
high, it made it's way onto the airconditioner from where it surveyed all
those below him with an imperial air.
Unfortunately, one of the cats mistook my friend Dane's open guitar case as
a litter box :-( Oh well, Dane didn't seem to mind too much. I biked past
his house this morning as he was hosing it out! I hope the smell goes away.
Now I feel as though my Vino is missing out on something. I've already
began sizing up the walls to see which ones could be carpeted...;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at: