I miss my Mutt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baron Mind

Default I miss my Mutt

Hi. I have never posted to this group before, but my wife Kyla has posted
much and you may have read her posts. We have always had kitties and they
have been our guardian angels.

We have had some very special kitties over the years. One of the most
unique was a stray we named Waldo, but his nickname was Mutt. That is what
we always called him. He became my best friend for 17 years. He was a
polydactyl with big feet and extra toes. He always made us smile..

Boy, did we bond! He would climb up on me all the time and cling so tight
we would call him Velcro Kitty. I could walk around the house and do chores
with him attached to my shoulder.

He brought so much joy and love into our home. We also called him Love
Sponge because he could never get enough affection. He would hate it when I
left the house and was always very happy when I returned.

He crossed the bridge last December and we were so sad, but kitties do come
into our lives and then go away. We have been owned by so many kitties over
the years, but it is always hard to say goodbye to them.

We still have 4 kitties. They are good kitties and we love them, but none
are as special as Mutt. He was my best friend.

I love my Mutt. I miss him so much. It has been seven months since he left
us. I was doing okay adjusting to his parting, but for some reason I have
been filled with great sadness for the last month, missing my sweet Mutt. I
cry every day.

I am writing this post, hoping that it will make me feel better, hoping that
is will relieve some of my grief. I know many of you have also had to say
goodbye to your best friends. It is never easy, is it?

A friend of mine told me that our kitties in heaven speak well of us to
other cats.

Purrs and prayers for my sweet Mutt. I will never stop loving him, but I
hope I can stop crying soon.

Mutt's best friend,
Dutch

Mutt RB 6 Months ago today Kyla `=^. .^=`[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 June 17th 08 10:00 PM
Miss KS? Stormmee Cat community 4 May 9th 06 08:51 AM
Some of ya'll may remember Mutt Gracecat Cat anecdotes 17 December 23rd 05 01:06 AM
OT Mutt Update Gracecat Cat anecdotes 13 December 22nd 05 05:26 AM