Bummer

Old September 29th 03, 02:01 AM
David Yehudah

Default Bummer

Zooming down the boulevard today with Patty on our motorcycles, we
passed a cat that had just been run over in the street. There wasn't
much left of what had been apparently a half-grown kitten of the tuxedo
type. As we passed I couldn't help but notice how much he looked like my
Traveller, alevai ha-shalom. Then I noticed a large family standing on
the curb, clearly distraught and crying, with various members running
part way into the street and back again to the safety of the sidewalk,
unable to approach their pet because of the heavy traffic.

It took a few moments for the details to soak in, but when they did I
honked my horn to get Patty's attention and swung a hard U-turn right in
the middle of the road. I rushed back intending to block traffic with my
motorcycle until the family could run into the street and retrieve the
remains of their pet. By the time I got back to the scene, the traffic
had cleared and the kitten was gone. I assume the family picked it up. I
wish I could have helped.

Old September 29th 03, 02:06 AM
Gizela

Purrs that their little kittie crosses the RB SAFELY

Even though I didn't know this cat or the people I still feel sad

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old September 29th 03, 02:48 AM
Yoj

[...]

You tried to help, and that's what counts.

Joy

Old September 29th 03, 04:42 AM
Sherry

Zooming down the boulevard today with Patty on our motorcycles, we
passed a cat that had just been run over in the street. There wasn't
much left of what had been apparently a half-grown kitten of the tuxedo
type.

Golly gee. This is getting too sad. After we picked up the hurt kitten on the
road last week, there have been similar stories postted by 2 different people
on another group. And now Dave's. I'm sure the family saw what you were trying
to do and appreciated your efforts. I would have.

Sherry
Old September 29th 03, 04:49 AM
Mary

Zooming down the boulevard today with Patty on our motorcycles, we
passed a cat that had just been run over in the street. There wasn't
much left of what had been apparently a half-grown kitten of the tuxedo
type. As we passed I couldn't help but notice how much he looked like my
Traveller, alevai ha-shalom. Then I noticed a large family standing on
the curb, clearly distraught and crying, with various members running
part way into the street and back again to the safety of the sidewalk,
unable to approach their pet because of the heavy traffic.

I was driving a convertible on a beautiful summer day through Napa Valley with
my boyfriend. We were having a great time laughing when we decided to drive
down this quiet lane. In the middle of the street was a tuxedo kitten that had
just been hit and killed by a car. I looked to my right and a young girl about
6 was running screaming down the street. I remember thinking how horrible that
must have been for the little girl to witness. We slowed then I saw the mother
running toward the child in my rear view mirror. I then sawthe mother's
expression when she looked at the kitten in the road. Things like that you
never forget. I get a horrible feeling inside whenever I see a cat near a
street. That's why I keep my kitty in my totally enclosed yard. I just can't
take the worrying and dread. I would never want that to happen to me.
Old September 29th 03, 05:18 AM
Gandalf

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:01:34 -0700, David Yehudah
wrote:

SNIPBy the time I got back to the scene, the traffic
had cleared and the kitten was gone. I assume the family picked it up. I
wish I could have helped.

How very sad for the poor little kitty, and it's humans, of course. They
must have been devastated.
Purrs for a safe journey to the RB.

Nice of you to try to help, as we all would, I expect.

~~~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC, and the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein

Old September 29th 03, 11:13 AM
polonca12000

tears That is just so very sad. You did all you could, David.
Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"David Yehudah" wrote in message
Zooming down the boulevard today with Patty on our motorcycles, we
passed a cat that had just been run over in the street. snip

Old September 29th 03, 03:39 PM
Daniel Mahoney

I was driving a convertible on a beautiful summer day through Napa Valley with
my boyfriend. We were having a great time laughing when we decided to drive
down this quiet lane. In the middle of the street was a tuxedo kitten that had
just been hit and killed by a car. I looked to my right and a young girl about
6 was running screaming down the street. I remember thinking how horrible that
must have been for the little girl to witness. We slowed then I saw the mother
running toward the child in my rear view mirror. I then sawthe mother's
expression when she looked at the kitten in the road. Things like that you
never forget. I get a horrible feeling inside whenever I see a cat near a
street. That's why I keep my kitty in my totally enclosed yard. I just can't
take the worrying and dread. I would never want that to happen to me.

Ditto. Our kitties LOVE their outdoor time, but the only reason
they get to go outside is that we've got a nice little fenced back
yard that I've been able to kitty proof. Nobody has ever tried to
climb or jump over the fence. If anyone did, they'd revert to being
indoor-only kitties again.

It's just way too hazardous around here to let kitties run loose.
Big dogs that sometimes run loose, coyotes sometimes coming down
from the hills, idiots driving WAY too fast down the street - I
just can't allow my kitties to run loose in an environment like
that. I'd be signing their death warrants.

Dan