Some of ya'll may remember Mutt

Old December 20th 05, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Some of ya'll may remember Mutt

Around 9:30 last night Mutt was running with her toy and immediately stopped
coming to us in the bedroom. She had lost the ability to walk on her back
leg. It's not flimsy or useless, but she is holding it up and hobbling.

I'm a wreck. I've been up crying all night since then. This is not good.
She's nine and been in my life since her very first hour of breath.

At 10 she was somewhat still bouncy and excited to go "OUTSIDE". Her
favorite word. She gobbled turkey slices.

Now she's just blah.

Some people think it's just a dog but in the last year especially she's been
at my side constantly or at my feet if I'm in a chair. And it's so close to
Christmas, and so hard for us still. I'm scared to take her to the vet and
hear what they have to say but I'm more scared not to.

I'm lost though about what to do. We're switching vets, I hate the staff at
our current but this vet knows Mutt and has proven he can take good care of
her. I don't trust the staff though and she's too valuable to put into
another vet's unproven hands.

Grace
terrified

Old December 20th 05, 08:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And before anybody says I should have taken her to a vet... Try to *get* a
vet in their office after 7pm around here... *sighs*

We put in three phone calls to three vets and only got one return and it was
a blow-off.

Grace

Old December 20th 05, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Gracecat" wrote in message
[...]

I remember Mutt. Sending purrs for both of you...

kathryn

Old December 20th 05, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for Mutt and for your whole family, Grace.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old December 20th 05, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 01:42:42 -0600, Gracecat wrote:

Around 9:30 last night Mutt was running with her toy and immediately stopped
coming to us in the bedroom. She had lost the ability to walk on her back
leg. It's not flimsy or useless, but she is holding it up and hobbling.

We're sending our very best purrs to you and Mutt. I've added her to our
daily purr list.

Old December 20th 05, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Gracecat" wrote in message
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Grace and Mutt}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry to hear this, Grace. FWIW I think I would take her to her old
vet just because she knows him and she won't be as frightened.

We're purring really, really hard that this will be something that can be
fixed or lived with.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 20th 05, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Gracecat wrote:
I'm a wreck. I've been up crying all night since then. This is not good.
She's nine and been in my life since her very first hour of breath.

Lots and lots of purrs for Mutt to make a full recovery.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 20th 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Gracecat wrote:
Around 9:30 last night Mutt was running with her toy and immediately stopped
coming to us in the bedroom. She had lost the ability to walk on her back
leg. It's not flimsy or useless, but she is holding it up and hobbling.

I'm a wreck. I've been up crying all night since then. This is not good.
She's nine and been in my life since her very first hour of breath.

At 10 she was somewhat still bouncy and excited to go "OUTSIDE". Her
favorite word. She gobbled turkey slices.

Now she's just blah.

Grace, many purrs coming over for Mutt and you. I know how much she
means to you.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 20th 05, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Gracecat" wrote in message

Some people think it's just a dog but in the last year especially she's been
at my side constantly or at my feet if I'm in a chair. And it's so close to
Christmas, and so hard for us still. I'm scared to take her to the vet and
hear what they have to say but I'm more scared not to.

I'm lost though about what to do. We're switching vets, I hate the staff at
our current but this vet knows Mutt and has proven he can take good care of
her. I don't trust the staff though and she's too valuable to put into
another vet's unproven hands.

Grace
terrified////

Purrs and prayers that it's not anything serious. FWIW, I'd use the vet
that she is most familiar with who has proven he can look after her.
Just stay on top of the staff.

Helen M