Thank you All! (from Jill & John)

Old February 3rd 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Thank you All! (from Jill & John)

John really appreciated all the kind words and wishes from perfect strangers
(heh!) about Gretchen's passing. I told him cat people are great! and he
had his "fluffy" cat, Kidder, on his lap as we talked

I also did my best to print out a copy of the Candles page that Adrian
started because he really doesn't quite understand what this group does in
terms of offering purrs (non-denominational sort of thing, which he and I
both appreciate) and the candles (which could fit anything you'd like it
to).

He still plans to visit in 12 days so I'll share that print-out with him.
Thank you all very much. He's feeling much better now and has a sense of
relief that Gretchen isn't simply wasting away lying in a bed. He saw her
the day before she died and she was holding a teddy bear he'd given to her.

He made arrangements yesterday per her request to have her cremated.
Thank you all so much for the love and support.

Jill

Old February 3rd 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:28:23 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I also did my best to print out a copy of the Candles page that Adrian
started because he really doesn't quite understand what this group does in
terms of offering purrs (non-denominational sort of thing, which he and I
both appreciate) and the candles (which could fit anything you'd like it
to).

Jill,

I didn't get a chance to express condolences about John's mom before,
so here they are belatedly.

As for printing out, I made individual screen captures of Natasha's
(RB) candles and have saved them in a file. That way I had all the
message that went with them too. If you've not tried this, and it's
not too late, pleasee consider giving it a shot!

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old February 4th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

wrote:

I also did my best to print out a copy of the Candles page that
Adrian started because he really doesn't quite understand what this
group does in terms of offering purrs (non-denominational sort of
thing, which he and I both appreciate) and the candles (which could
fit anything you'd like it to).

Jill,

I didn't get a chance to express condolences about John's mom before,
so here they are belatedly.

Thank you!

As for printing out, I made individual screen captures of Natasha's
(RB) candles and have saved them in a file. That way I had all the
message that went with them too. If you've not tried this, and it's
not too late, pleasee consider giving it a shot!

Jeanne Hedge

Thank you, I will give that a try! I came up with an idea last night and
kilikini is going to help me with it. The last time John was here he
brought a bunch of stuff from his mom's (his childhood) house in Rochester,
NY including a bunch of old photos. His father was a talented photographer
and actually an artist himself. He took a lot of photos of Gretchen as well
as of John as a child There are a couple of photos of his father taken
by other people. She's going to help me put together a photo montage to
give to him when he visits on 2/15. Thought it would be a nice idea.

Jill