New arrival w/ eating issues

Old March 1st 05, 12:24 AM
KatS

Default New arrival w/ eating issues

Hello all -
I've recently become owned by a rescued seven-year-old neutered female that
I've named PK, for "pretty kitty."
She's just a love and has made herself very much at home. I had her checked
by my vet the day I brought her home from the shelter, and she is just fine.
However, she seems to have a very sensitive stomach. For no apparent reason
she will, every few days or so, vomit almost immediately after eating.
Doesn't seem to matter whether it's dry or canned food, although I've tried
to keep her more on the canned since she does seem to prefer it. She gets
lots of water, her dishes are always clean. Any ideas? I'm kind of new to
this.
TIA -
KatS

Old March 1st 05, 12:34 AM
I.P.Freely

"KatS" wrote in message
Hello all -
I've recently become owned by a rescued seven-year-old neutered female

that
I've named PK, for "pretty kitty."
She's just a love and has made herself very much at home. I had her

checked
by my vet the day I brought her home from the shelter, and she is just

fine.
However, she seems to have a very sensitive stomach. For no apparent

reason
she will, every few days or so, vomit almost immediately after eating.
Doesn't seem to matter whether it's dry or canned food, although I've

tried
to keep her more on the canned since she does seem to prefer it. She gets
lots of water, her dishes are always clean. Any ideas? I'm kind of new to
this.

My Maine Coon (13 years old) did this for about a year. Then he disappeared
for 6.5 weeks - turned out he got shut in a neighbour's little used shed &
lived on rainwater and insects I assume. Since he's been back he's not had
any digestive problems. He also had a skin condition that perplexed the vets
and that has cleared up....

....not advocating shutting your cat in a shed for 6 weeks of course However
I know in humans starvation results in the body purging itself of toxins.
Wonder if this is the same in cats.....
--
I.P.Freely

Anonymity is synonymous with longetivity

Old March 1st 05, 01:33 AM
Spot

Have the vets look at the back of the tongue and throat to be sure there are
no growths. I have a 7 year old who did this at about every meal once he
became a year old. It turned out he had a tumor on the back of this tongue.
It was benign and my vet removed it. He will still throw up when he gorges
himself but it's not like it was when we discovered the tumor.

Celeste