A Gift from Mai Kitty

Old April 22nd 04, 01:23 AM
David

Default A Gift from Mai Kitty

I figured I'd throw this story into the pot. Mai Kitty (pronounced my
kitty) is a calico that I rescued about 3 years ago. Sometimes, I think
she is an angel from God. I have rhematoid arthritis and her love has
kept me going.

To the story. During this time of the year, when it is still relatively
cool here in South Texas, I leave my bedroom windows open so that my
cats (I have 4) can go in and out during the night while I sleep. Last
Saturday night, I went to sleep about 10:30 PM and awoke briefly when I
felt Mai Kitty pressing at my head and under my neck. I rolled over
slightly to see ask her what she was doing. She made a brief noise to
acknowledge that I had spoken to her and then jumped off of the bed. I
went back to sleep almost immediately. However, I became aware of
something kind of cold and hard pressing into the lower part of my head
and upper neck. After a period of time, my neck became a little painful
from it was on my pillow. I finally awoke completely at 3AM, got up and
turned on the light to see what it was that was causing the discomfort.
That's when I saw 'the gift'. Mai Kitty had either caught or found a
bird and brought it to me thinking that putting it on my pillow would be
the best place for me to find it when I woke up. She just couldn't
understand why I wasn't please with her gift. I had to get up and remove
all bedding and pillows and I washed them immediately. I also spent a
long time scrubbing myself down in a hot shower. Needless to say, the
policy of keeping the windows open had been changed.

Thanks for reading my story. Also:Sorry to be posting this again but I
forgot to change a couple of settings on my newsreader.

Also, I have 4 kittens, 1 male and 3 female, that need good homes. I'm
located in New Braunfels Texas, between San Antonio and Austin on the
interstate. These kittens were abandoned on my back patio by their
mother and I've taken care of them since they were 1 month old. They are
now a little over 2 months old, healthy, loving and very frisky. They
eat dry kitten food and are the most loving little kittens I have ever
seen. I've been bathing them and they don't seem to mind getting an
occassional bath, especially when they get towel dried.

You can see pictures of the kittens he

http://homepage.mac.com/dpherman/PhotoAlbum17.html

There is also a link on this page labeled 'Cats' where you can see
pictures of Mai Kitty as well as my other cats.

You may also contact me from this web page. If you're located in this
area and would like to adopt one or more of the kittens then drop me a
line.
Old April 22nd 04, 02:22 AM

David wrote:

You can see pictures of the kittens he
http://homepage.mac.com/dpherman/PhotoAlbum17.html
There is also a link on this page labeled 'Cats' where you can see
pictures of Mai Kitty as well as my other cats.

They're all so cute! I especially loved the pictures of Mai Kitty's
kittens. Mouse looks a lot like my kitty Roxy! I'm sorry that he's gone
missing - hope he just found himself a new home.

Here are some photos of Roxy - just keep hitting "next" to go to the
next one:
http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats...xy_spider.html

Joyce

Old April 22nd 04, 02:32 AM
David

In article ,
wrote:

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats...xy_spider.html

Thanks for posting the link to Roxy.

I have always like animals but my pets growing up and into my 30's were
always dogs. I'm probably considered a pest in my neighborhood because I
feed the feral cats (Strange how they all seem to pass the word where
the chow is). But if it hadn't been for my feeding the stray cats, I
would have never gotten Mai Kitty. Now that I've been around cats as
pets for 3 years, I've found that they're a great deal more intelligent
than they would want to let on. There's that element of independence
that keeps them on their own level that is above us humans who worship
them. I will always honored that I am owned by Mai Kitty.

Dave

Old April 22nd 04, 03:13 AM
Cheryl

David dumped this in
s.com on 21 Apr 2004:

Thanks for reading my story. Also:Sorry to be posting this again but I
forgot to change a couple of settings on my newsreader.

You should feel honored by her gift. It is not our place to understand
them. You also have beautiful kitties. Ewok looks just like a stray that
used to hang out here called Jake until Jake got his new home. She could
be his twin.

--
Cheryl
Old April 22nd 04, 03:13 AM
Cheryl

David dumped this in
s.com on 21 Apr 2004:

Old April 22nd 04, 11:10 AM
JP Hobbs

Sorry David I couldn't get the Kitties BTW I laughed myself silly at your
story of Mai Kitty's gift, when I lived
imy other flat, I once woke up to a cat fight on my bed
I nevr opened that window again for months.
Maybe I did something wrong in trying to see your Kitty's.
Regards Jean.P.
s.com...

Old April 22nd 04, 06:45 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:23:49 GMT, David
wrote:

[...]

Don't you have screens on your windows?

kitty vs puss Brenda Cat anecdotes 30 January 26th 04 05:28 PM
Christmas Kitty Kiss -- the Best! Singer709 Cat anecdotes 8 December 26th 03 11:14 PM
Please purr for Little Black Kitty RB lewe Cat anecdotes 16 December 8th 03 11:56 PM
Kitty yawns are so cute Zorin the Lynx Cat anecdotes 7 December 8th 03 11:23 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 10:48 PM