Fire purrs update

Old October 26th 03, 01:01 AM
Dan Mahoney

Default Fire purrs update

Here's an update on the fire situation.

The Old fire has burned way across the mountains, is out of control, and
has destroyed homes. I just finished evacuating my mom over to my
brother's place - the fire was at that time about 1/2 mile from her
house. My son evacuated his mom to her mom's place, and helped them get
the RV loaded - the fire was about 100 yards from his mom's mom's place.

The fire is now about 1/2 mile from my brother's house, so we're
watching carefully. It's about a mile from us. We're getting the kitties
packed up now along with our essentials.

You know, there's a whole world of difference between watching a big
fire on TV and having to evacuate a family member whose house is
directly imperiled.

Dan

Old October 26th 03, 01:15 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:01:03 -0700, Dan Mahoney
wrote:

Here's an update on the fire situation.

The Old fire has burned way across the mountains, is out of control, and
has destroyed homes. I just finished evacuating my mom over to my
brother's place - the fire was at that time about 1/2 mile from her
house. My son evacuated his mom to her mom's place, and helped them get
the RV loaded - the fire was about 100 yards from his mom's mom's place.

The fire is now about 1/2 mile from my brother's house, so we're
watching carefully. It's about a mile from us. We're getting the kitties
packed up now along with our essentials.

You know, there's a whole world of difference between watching a big
fire on TV and having to evacuate a family member whose house is
directly imperiled.

Dan

Many purrs that all your houses and family and pets will be safe.
MLB
Old October 26th 03, 01:24 AM
Nan

wrote:

Here's an update on the fire situation.

The Old fire has burned way across the mountains, is out of control, and
has destroyed homes. I just finished evacuating my mom over to my
brother's place - the fire was at that time about 1/2 mile from her
house. My son evacuated his mom to her mom's place, and helped them get
the RV loaded - the fire was about 100 yards from his mom's mom's place.

The fire is now about 1/2 mile from my brother's house, so we're
watching carefully. It's about a mile from us. We're getting the kitties
packed up now along with our essentials.

You know, there's a whole world of difference between watching a big
fire on TV and having to evacuate a family member whose house is
directly imperiled.

Dan

The Allons TN furkids are sending firefighter purrs that the fires
don't get any closer to you. Take care and don't let the fire get too
close before you evacuate. We don't want to lose any of you.

Nan
Old October 26th 03, 01:19 AM
GKiuchi

The fires have been the top news story here in Los Angeles all day...many homes
destroyed...we have you all in our thoughts!

Gennie and Alan
Old October 26th 03, 01:28 AM
Sheenah

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message ...
Here's an update on the fire situation.

The Old fire has burned way across the mountains, is out of control, and
has destroyed homes. I just finished evacuating my mom over to my
brother's place - the fire was at that time about 1/2 mile from her
house. My son evacuated his mom to her mom's place, and helped them get
the RV loaded - the fire was about 100 yards from his mom's mom's place.

The fire is now about 1/2 mile from my brother's house, so we're
watching carefully. It's about a mile from us. We're getting the kitties
packed up now along with our essentials.

You know, there's a whole world of difference between watching a big
fire on TV and having to evacuate a family member whose house is
directly imperiled.

Dan

Dan,

Everyone here is hoping and purring for you, your family, friends, animals and your homes and
possessions to escape harm and for the fires to soon be brought under control.

Sheenah and the gang

Old October 26th 03, 01:54 AM
Lucy's Mom

Lucy and I are sending purrs to everyone involved......We would love
to send some rain, too, but haven't been able to conjur up anything
but wind and, heaven knows, y'all don't need any more of that!!

Be careful, ok?

Old October 26th 03, 02:07 AM
Yoj

[...]

Yes, I'm sure it must be a huge difference. Purrs for the safety of
everyone - and their homes.

I'm about 15 miles or so from a fire in Ventura County. It isn't close
enough to be visible, much less a danger, but before the sun went down,
3/4 of the sky was filled with smoke, and the sun was blood red. I'm
sitting in my house with doors and windows closed and the air
conditioner on, and I can still smell smoke. That still is nothing like
being evacuated, or having family members evacuated.

Joy

Old October 26th 03, 02:46 AM
John Biltz

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:01:03 -0700, Dan Mahoney wrote
(in message ):

Good luck to you all.

Old October 26th 03, 04:15 AM
Tanada

Dan Mahoney wrote:

You know, there's a whole world of difference between watching a big
fire on TV and having to evacuate a family member whose house is
directly imperiled.

I understand that, even though I haven't experienced it on the scale of
yourself and others. Encouraging purrs and rain thoughts and wishes for
your area. Let's hope the fires are under control soon.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Fire purrs, please Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 24 October 24th 03 09:47 PM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM
Purrs for a special lady's cat - update wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 2 August 17th 03 10:00 AM