Rocky Update #2 (MUCH better news)

Old October 26th 04, 10:25 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Rocky Update #2 (MUCH better news)

Seems like these worldwide purrs must be doing some good. You may have
guess from the my earlier posts that I was pretty down. I just got
back from the clinic - I was supposed to return at three, couldn't
wait and went an hour early.

I dreaded going in, fearing what the xrays showed. Guess what

NO BREAKS!!!!!!!

Dr Haney has already given him some meds to reduce the swelling. And
guess what

ROCKY CAN MOVE ONE OF THE PREVIOUSLY IMMOVABLE LEGS.!!!!!!

Dr Haney seemed much more opimistic than he was this morning. It's
still touch and go, and Rocky has to stay at the clinic to be watched
and get injections. Dr Haney warned me not to get my hopes too high,
but said there's definitely improvement. This morning I didn't have
any hopes, just prayers. I felt like dancing on the way out, even
though I was leaving without Rocky.

Just have to wait to see how much he improves, and how quickly. When
he comes home (notice I said when, guess that indicates my mood) he'll
probably still need oral meds for awhile. So, I imagine I'll be
moaning about how difficult it is to pill him and asking for advice.
Oh, and he's just going to have to get used to the idea of being an
inside cat.

I've told before how I chose Dr Haney - just happened to be the
closest clinic when LB decided to bless me and have her babies here.
That was sure a lucky choice, he's not one of those money grubbing
TEDs, he cares about his patients. Course I knew that when he gave me
the pamphlets for new cat owners with the anti-declaw literature.

I haven't figured out where the money for this will be coming from.
Like lots of vet clinics, they have signs posted that bills are to be
paid when you pick up the animal. I still have half of Sammy's bill to
pay. When I went in this morning I told him I wasn't sure how I was
going to pay. He said not to worry, we'd work something out, the
important thing was to do our best for Rocky. I need to hold a family
meeting and tell this guys that landscaping is pretty much over until
March. This is the time of year we're supposed to hunker down and
limit spending to my retirement pay. Guess it's time to think
seriously about finding a winter job. I've been thinking about just
quitting the landscaping and getting a real job.

OK, enough rambling (can anyone tell I'm just a tad happy with Rocky's
improvement). Thanks for all the purrs - they DO help. I'll post
another update when I go in tomorrow morning to check for progress.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old October 26th 04, 10:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:25:40 -0500, Steve Touchstone
yodeled:

Seems like these worldwide purrs must be doing some good. You may have
guess from the my earlier posts that I was pretty down. I just got
back from the clinic - I was supposed to return at three, couldn't
wait and went an hour early.

I dreaded going in, fearing what the xrays showed. Guess what

NO BREAKS!!!!!!!

YAY!

Dr Haney has already given him some meds to reduce the swelling. And
guess what

ROCKY CAN MOVE ONE OF THE PREVIOUSLY IMMOVABLE LEGS.!!!!!!

Happy dance!

We are still purring mightily, and waiting for each step. One at a
time, guys.

Theresa

Old October 26th 04, 10:45 PM
Margaret Fine

Steve Touchstone wrote:

[...]

Great News! Would I be out of line to ask if I could send you a small
something towards his bill? I really do love hearing stories about
Rocky and how he has gone from feral to loved and loving in such a short
time. I'd like to be a part of that success story!

Margaret

PS: We're also keeping up the purrs and tail wags!

--
Margaret Fine

Old October 26th 04, 10:45 PM
Christina Websell

That's really great news Steve. Purrs continuing for a complete eventual
recovery (suspect it might be a long job) Can he empty his bladder himself?
It's a good sign if he can.

Tweed