Ranger is learning!

Old May 18th 05, 05:05 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Default Ranger is learning!

Having 6 kitties in the house now makes for some interesting times. The
older girls (Cleo and Amelia) are convinced that we have at least 2,
maybe 4, too many cats in the house. Sammy and Tabitha both like to play
with Harri, and Sammy is pretty good about playing with Ranger, but
Tabitha doesn't like to play with Ranger at all - the little one is way
too rowdy.

All of the kitties have also learned to guard dishes of especially good
treats very closely. So this evening when I was washing the dinner
dishes and heard a hiss and growl from behind me I figured that Samuel
was guarding his bowl of tuna water from somebody. But the growl didn't
sound quite right. When I turned around to look I saw Ranger hunched
over the tuna water, hissing and growling at Samuel! Keep in mind that
Ranger weighs around 2 pounds and Sammy is easily 12 pounds. But gentle
Samuel was keeping his distance and allowing Ranger to lap up the tuna
water. Ranger soon got her fill and Samuel got to go back to the bowl
and finish it off.
Old May 18th 05, 12:01 PM
SuzQ

Feisty bitty! More pics please.
Suz&Spicey

Old May 18th 05, 10:47 PM
jmcquown

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:
[...]

AWWWWWWW! Ranger defending the tuna water! How funny! And of course a 2
lb. kitten can't eat/drink that much so Samuel got to have his share.
That's sweet.

Jill