You'd think I killed them....

Old August 16th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default You'd think I killed them....

I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are they
*****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet food. They're
in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

Old August 16th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

"kilikini" wrote in
om:

I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

I found that if I warm up the tube in my armpit for a couple of minutes,
Sonny doesn't even notice what's happening. He used to freak before I
caught on to this trick - guess he didn't like the cold on his skin.

Bobble

Old August 16th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

bobblespin wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in
om:

I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

I found that if I warm up the tube in my armpit for a couple of
minutes, Sonny doesn't even notice what's happening. He used to freak
before I caught on to this trick - guess he didn't like the cold on
his skin.

Bobble

In your armpit, seriously? Is it the temperature you think they don't agree
with?

kili

Old August 16th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
bobblespin wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in
om:

I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

I found that if I warm up the tube in my armpit for a couple of
minutes, Sonny doesn't even notice what's happening. He used to freak
before I caught on to this trick - guess he didn't like the cold on
his skin.

Bobble

In your armpit, seriously? Is it the temperature you think they don't
agree with?

kili

It's worth a try. I gave Lindy hers a couple of days ago and she did the
same thing. I hope I remember.

Joy

Old August 16th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Joy" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
bobblespin wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in
om:

[...]

I'll have to try that with mine. They are all due. Not flea season
here but it will be as soon as we have the first hint of cooler
weather. (Days over 100 and low humidity really keep the flea
population in check)

I keep it in the refrigerator, though often individual doses are out
on the counter for a while waiting for the next victim.

Jo

Old August 16th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I put the 3 doses in a zip loc bag and put that in warm water. I do think
it is the temp they don't like.
"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
bobblespin wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in
om:

Old August 16th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

Your cats are indoor kittiies. Why (aside from when Ms. Pua first came
aboard) do they need this flea treatment? Persia has never had flea/tick
treatment and she's perfectly fine.

Jill

Old August 16th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
kilikini wrote:
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it,
are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

Your cats are indoor kittiies. Why (aside from when Ms. Pua first
came aboard) do they need this flea treatment? Persia has never had
flea/tick treatment and she's perfectly fine.

Jill

Some places, fleas are so bad that you can bring the flea eggs in on
your clothes from other places.

If you ever handle or pet any cats or dogs other than your own, you
can bring them in. Mice or birds can carry them. They can be nearly
impossible to eradicate in some homes.

Here we don't have so much trouble, because it is too hot and dry for
them to hatch in mid summer and too cold in winter, but in some humid
parts of the south they seem to get anywhere.

The vet is a classic place to pick them up. They try to be careful,
but animals with fleas are going to come in. And when you bring in a
dog or cat that hasn't been treated, they look like lunch.

If you have a pet that is as flea sensitive as say Cara, even one flea
can cause awful problems for them.

(Still laugh when I remember my mom telling us, she and daddy went to
help my uncle clean out one of his rentals. They picked up so many
fleas so fast that they got home and stripped in the driveway before
they went into the house. )

Jo

Old August 16th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
kilikini wrote:
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it,
are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

Your cats are indoor kittiies. Why (aside from when Ms. Pua first
came aboard) do they need this flea treatment? Persia has never had
flea/tick treatment and she's perfectly fine.

Jill

Some places, fleas are so bad that you can bring the flea eggs in on
your clothes from other places.

If you ever handle or pet any cats or dogs other than your own, you
can bring them in. Mice or birds can carry them. They can be nearly
impossible to eradicate in some homes.

I suppose that makes sense. I got really lucky with Persia. No fleas, no
worms, no bad bugs. Well, bladder surgery but that wasn't her fault! I'll
go hug her now.

Jill

Old August 16th 08, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

kilikini wrote:
You'd think I killed them. :-P

We get that reaction when we give them their Revolution. Which reminds
me, it's past due. Yikes!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

We killed it Stormmee Cat community 16 May 20th 06 03:42 AM
Rhett killed the humidifier Cheryl Cat anecdotes 2 December 26th 05 05:06 PM
Imuran killed my cat! eric Cat health & behaviour 31 November 13th 03 02:56 PM
Did my cat just killed a bird? Kuisse0002 Cat health & behaviour 52 October 20th 03 04:52 PM
Why the tiger almost killed Roy. kaeli Cat health & behaviour 130 October 11th 03 06:49 PM