Scardy Cat! (Buffy)

Old September 30th 18, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Scardy Cat! (Buffy)

I don't really understand. There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year. It's typical for this part of South
Carolina. Buffy has been through two hurricanes (Matthew and Irma) with
me. Wind and rain never bothered her, nor did thunder or lightning.

A thunderstorm came through this afternoon and for some reason she was
afraid. She alternately ran and hid or climbed up my my lap to be
petted and comforted. When the thunder clapped loudly she'd run and
hide again.

She never used to be afraid of storms. I kept telling her, it's just
noisy weather. Poor girl.

Tonight all is calm. She's snoozing on the sofa.

Jill
Old September 30th 18, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 8:40:50 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
I don't really understand. There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year. It's typical for this part of South
Carolina. Buffy has been through two hurricanes (Matthew and Irma) with
me. Wind and rain never bothered her, nor did thunder or lightning.

A thunderstorm came through this afternoon and for some reason she was
afraid. She alternately ran and hid or climbed up my my lap to be
petted and comforted. When the thunder clapped loudly she'd run and
hide again.

She never used to be afraid of storms. I kept telling her, it's just
noisy weather. Poor girl.

Tonight all is calm. She's snoozing on the sofa.

Jill

Yeah Smokey reacted to a loud thunder clap a few weeks ago, but there was only one loud boom. She looked a little startled, so I told her it was OK and she passed out again. Cali used to like to sit in the window during storms; she would get soaking wet. I think she liked the ozone smell.
Old September 30th 18, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 9/29/2018 5:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:
I don't really understand.Â* There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year.Â* It's typical for this part of South
Carolina.Â* Buffy has been through two hurricanes (Matthew and Irma) with
me.Â* Wind and rain never bothered her, nor did thunder or lightning.

A thunderstorm came through this afternoon and for some reason she was
afraid.Â* She alternately ran and hid or climbed up my my lap to be
petted and comforted.Â* When the thunder clapped loudly she'd run and
hide again.

She never used to be afraid of storms.Â* I kept telling her, it's just
noisy weather.Â* Poor girl.

Tonight all is calm.Â* She's snoozing on the sofa.

Jill

They like lulling us into a sense of knowing what to expect. Then they
pull something like this to throw us off.
Old September 30th 18, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/30/2018 1:21 AM, joy wrote:
On 9/29/2018 5:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:
I don't really understand.Â* There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year.Â* It's typical for this part of South
Carolina.Â* Buffy has been through two hurricanes (Matthew and Irma)
with me.Â* Wind and rain never bothered her, nor did thunder or lightning.

A thunderstorm came through this afternoon and for some reason she was
afraid.Â* She alternately ran and hid or climbed up my my lap to be
petted and comforted.Â* When the thunder clapped loudly she'd run and
hide again.

She never used to be afraid of storms.Â* I kept telling her, it's just
noisy weather.Â* Poor girl.

Tonight all is calm.Â* She's snoozing on the sofa.

Jill

They like lulling us into a sense of knowing what to expect.Â* Then they
pull something like this to throw us off.

Of course. But she seemed seriously afraid of the noisy weather. I
don't think she wa pulling a trick. I think she was actually scared.

Fortunately the storm blew through and last night was quiet. All day
today has been sunny and quiet.

Jill
Old September 30th 18, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Nak

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 9/30/2018 1:21 AM, joy wrote:
[...]

It's a funny thing. My cats can have no fear of something one day, then be
afraid the next, then back to no fear.

The important thing is to comfort them when they are afraid, and I know you
do that for Buffy 3

Rain, Rain and more rain here in Milwaukee. Maybe pick up another 1 to 3
inches this week :-(

--bill_n