Cat help needed

Old June 12th 06, 01:08 PM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Cat help needed

Hello -

First of all, I apologize (sorry) for this message being as lengthy as
it is, and also if my ideas are ridiculous &/or silly, but I very much
need any help I can get from anyone who can at least try to.

What I probably regret most as the last owner of The Late Great Bailey,
http://members.aol.com/dlee122298/images/cat00.jpg &
http://members.aol.com/dlee122298/images/cat03a.jpg, is that I never
got to see how she looked as an extremely cute young little kitten
because, although I was extremely fortunate to have such a truly
outstanding "meow machine" (kitty-cat, of course) for as many as
approx. 16 1/4 wonderful years before I had to make the very painful
decision of finally having to put her to sleep after she aged to the
point of suddenly collapsing on her hind legs & thus becoming unable to
walk in the very sad early afternoon of Wed. March 20th, 2002, my
family was not her original owner - in fact, my family was probably the
3rd family or person to own Bailey (we got her in December '85 when she
was already a few years or so old).

Very unfortunately, we lost contact with her previous owner many years
ago & therefore apparently it's too late to try to track them down so
that we can possibly exchange copies of pictures of Bailey - especially
since we can't seem to remember anything about the previous owner. So
are there possibly any ways that we can still get at least an idea of
how she looked, or at least probably looked, as a young little kitten?

I've seen so-called "age-progressed" images of human faces that show
how they would look at an advanced age - especially in cases of missing
people, showing how they would probably look currently these days
instead of at the time they disappeared years ago. If such
"age-progressive" imaging can be done on human faces, then can't the
reverse, "age-regression", be done on the adult faces of "meow
machines" so that it can be seen how they probably looked as young
little kittens? If yes, then anyone know any places or any websites on
the Internet that can help me? Are there possibly even any software
programs that I can get in any way? I realize that such a project
probably costs a lot of $$$ (money), but I'm willing to pay what I can
afford if everything is reasonable.

Any effort(s) to help will be appreciated - thanks.

Old June 12th 06, 01:12 PM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

Sorry about my message somehow ending up being posted twice, but I
don't know what happened - must have been an error or mistake, sorry
again.

Old June 12th 06, 03:20 PM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc

There's probably a much more simple way to go about it. Just do some
internet searching for the kind of cat that Baily was. Often cats look very
similar to other cats of their kind. For example, I have a tortoise shell
that I got when she was a kitten a couple years ago. Not long after I got
her, my grandmother took to feeding some strays when her beloved Siamese
cat, Samantha, died. As a result, she also became caretaker of one of the
stray's kittens. One of them looked just like my Butterscotch when she was
a kitten. Now that she's older, she looks almost exactly like my cat except
for the fact that Butterscotch has a black line that runs right down the
middle of her face. Patches (my grandmother's cat) has a black line that
runs down the center but then goes to the left so that it doesn't run down
her nose. Other than that, they look very much the same. I don't think
that there is such a thing as age progressed, or regressed in this case,
imaging for cats. If you really want to see what Baily looked like as a
kitten, it would probably be easiest to try to find kitten pictures of the
same kind of cat.

Old June 29th 06, 09:24 AM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
[email protected]

I want to say, belatedly, thanks for your help (better late than never,
I guess), but it's been difficult finding a kitten that looks similar
to my late, great Bailey via Google Image Search. First of all, I'm on
only a slow dial-up modem connection to the 'Net. And I don't know
exactly what type of MEOW machine Bailey was. I've actually asked in
these newsgroups previously, and got several different answers - the
best conclusion seems to be that she was of mixed breeds. Also
Bailey's black & white patterns are unique - esp. her little
"Hitler-like mustache" & "goatee".

Bailey could be some type of shorthair kitty-cat, but don't shorthair
ones come in numerous different colors/patterns?

Thanks again.