A memorial service for Uncle Serge

Old May 6th 12, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_12_]

Default A full moon during Serge's memorial service

[Anuit again steps to the dais]

Kitties, tonight is a very special night - tonight we observe a perigee-
syzygy. This is where the moon makes it's closest approach to the earth,
at the same time that the full moon reaches it's peak of fullness. It is
extremely rare for both aspects to occur together, but tonight they occur
less than a minute apart. This means that at it's very peak the moon will
appear clearer and larger than normal.

We have arranged for the windows to retract to give us a clear view of
the full moon.

[She signals Sammy Redcat, who pulls a lever that causes the windows to
retract. All of the kitties get a clear view of the full moon. As they
watch, clouds start to drift across the face of the full moon. To those
who look closely, the clouds have the shape of cats, in various poses,
singly and in groups. The effect is that of dozens and dozens of shadow-
cats dancing across the face of the full moon. One of the cat images,
which looks suspiscously like a Persian show cat, lingers at roughly the
center of the full moon. The shadow of a large, lean boy cat bounces
across the lunar face, stopping beside the show cat shadow, and they
drift away together.

For the better part of 30 minutes these phantom cat shadows dance through
the moonlight. After they have gamboled freely, the clouds drift more
slowly and finally come to rest. At this point watchers see a ring of
phantom cats, completely surrounding the moon. The clouds begin to slowly
disperse, drifting into faint patches that finally disappear.

Anuit, too moved for words, returns to the table at the front of the room
and sits quietly.]

Wow, Anuit, this is really amazing. We too are at a loss for words at this
event.
Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex and Pipps, (who is holding Ranger's paw tightly)

Old May 6th 12, 08:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Sandy[_2_]

Default A memorial service for Uncle Serge

Sundance and Rebecca have given me permission to post my own memories of
Serge here.

I met Serge in RPCC, but I also got to meet him in person once. It was a few
years ago during a trip I made back east. During a stopover in my flight, I
found I had a voice message from Serge. It was so nice to have a cheery
message to listen to while sitting in the airport.

A couple of days later, I met Serge at his apartment. I got a warm welcome
from him, I walked up the stairs where Anaïs used to roll her ping pong
balls, and I met Anaïs herself. Serge and I went out to dinner in his little
convertible, to a restaurant that served Peking duck. It was the best Peking
duck I've ever had, and I really enjoyed getting to know Serge better.

Some time after that visit, Serge told me that a tumor had been found in the
side of his neck. It sounded a lot like something that had happened with my
dad. I was able to reassure Serge by telling him that my dad's surgery to
remove his tumor had worked out fine, that the only lasting effect was an
indentation in his neck.

Over the last two years, when I was working toward having gastric bypass
surgery, Serge was fascinated by the process and asked me a lot of questions
about it. When I sent him a link to an internet video showing the surgery I
was going to have, he said I was braver than he would be.

Shortly after Anaïs died, he asked me when I thought it was the right time
for someone to get another cat. I said, "Whenever you feel the desire to
have another one." He said he already felt that desire, so I said it could
be time for him. A few days later, we met the Two Sisters.

I got to talk to Serge the day before he died. He told me about the planned
procedure to drain fluid from around his lungs. I could tell that he was
uncomfortable and having trouble breathing, but he seemed fairly positive
and upbeat in spite of it. The next day, when I got an email from Gramby
saying to call her right away, I thought, "Oh, no, someone must have died. I
wonder who it is." It didn't even occur to me that it might be Serge.

It's amazing to me that someone I only met once and knew mostly online could
be such a close friend, but he was. I miss him very much.

Anti Sandy

Old May 6th 12, 10:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

my Name is OEJ for short, I have decided to do mine tribute mostly in
humanspeak so the humans here can understand easily, forgive me if some
words are meowchat as i am not gifted as unca Serge was in different speaks.

Mine soft anna furee have explained about how important he was to them, now
its my turn to try and explain what he meant to us cats.

He was always concerned about us, and he always asked after us, this is a
comfort to a cat when even though we have two servants to know there are
others who care, my momcat being ferrell she taught me and my brofur tv cat,
rb that humans were NOT to be trusted, Barbi and Trudi feel the same way,
chester and MH do not have this problem but since Barbi and I do as Trudi
says, its nice to know not all humans are bad. Storrmmee purfurs men humans
so when he called to talk she always inquired as to who it was and listened
intently when he spoke as she enjoyed his voice.

The Tigerman, rb was winked (married) to Mme. A. frankly none of us cats
except Trudi thought it would work, she was such a refined ladycat, and the
Tigerman, well he was the Tigerman, he drank whiskey instead of wine, He
smoked a cigar too often, and he drove his, and her cars too fast, but for
them it worked, the little lady showkitty and the big brawney mancat who
even though it was a may September romance it was wonderful while it lasted.
it gave hope to those of us who haven't yet found our onetruelove that in
the end there is someone for everyone, cat or human...

I could go on but there are so many things to say good about this human that
to leave one out in favor of another thing just wouldn't be right.

Unca Serge, we in this house, all of us love you and miss you.

OEJ for her entire house
"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
I would now like to invite the members of this community, feline,
canine, human, or otherwise, to tell us of the things that Serge meant
to you, and of the things that come to mind when you think of him. Who
would like to go first?

I remember that Uncle Serge first joined the Community not long after my
Paw did. Since my Paw was new to the Community and Uncle Serge was new,
Paw felt especially comfortable talking with Serge. The more they talked,
the more my Paw realized that they had many common interests, the most
important of which of course was a love for cats.

Serge dearly loved Mme. Anais and came to value her company as one of the
most important parts of his life. He also enjoyed good wines, good food,
good cigars and pipes, and enjoyed shaving and writing with classical
instruments. He had experiencing travelling though Europe and enjoyed
those travels. He was also very well read and well educated, and had a
graduate degree in IT as well as a law degree.

When my grandmeowmie was diagnosed with cancer, Serge called my Paw to
offer his support. Likewise when my humans figured out that they would
have to leave southern Catifurnia and move to Iowa, and when my
Grandmeowmie made her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. When Serge was
himself hospitalized with a ruptured appendix, my Paw called to offer his
support, and they learned even more that they shared a lot of common
philosophies. When Mme. Anais had to leave for the Rainbow Bridge with no
prior notice, Paw even called Serge to talk with him.

My Paw remembers when Serge said that he wanted to learn to sew. Paw
assumed that he would do like most humans, and start with something
simple. When Serge said that he wanted his first project to be a dress
shirt with french cuffs Paw suggested that he might want to start with
something simpler, but Serge insisted. And his first project was
successful - his dress shirt came out just fine. He made a good number of
Hawaiian shirts as well. Over all, Serge was a very remarkable human
being. The Community and humanity itself will be much poorer with the
loss of Serge Dasara.

Uncle Serge, you leave a big hole in a lot of hearts.

Amelia

Old May 6th 12, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

[Hercule Lenoir, Inspektur Jacques Chat-Clouseau of the Gendarmerie
Feline du France, Countess Persia von Katzenplatz, Gaetano Tartuffo,
Uncle Darius and Aunt Maria, Pierre (head conductor of the Simplon Orient
Express), and a handful of chefs and maitres' de approach the microphone.]

Hercule: Serge was an excellent human being and a wonderful lover of
cats, and his imagination gave us all life. His travels, his education,
his exquisite tasted and wonderful writing skills allowed all of us to
come to exist in a world of excitement and adventure.

The Inspector: Monsieur Serge waz able to express mine own inimitttaab -
imimitt - mine own unique fursonality and foibles, and allowed me to use
mine eggzelect infesticative skills in resolving highly visible crimes. I
have enjoyed the luxurious living he 'as exposed me too.

Darius & Maria: Serge was a wonderful human who greatly loved our niece
Anais. We have loved the exposure he has given us to this wonderful
community, and we will miss him greatly.

Countess: We are all fortunate to have been able to share in ze
imagination of zis man. I will be adding a Serge Dasara wing to the
Museum of Felinity in my castle back home.

All speaking in unison: Thank you, Serge, for giving life to us. We will
miss you!

Old May 7th 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_5_]

"Community Cats"

It is a chilly, drizzly day in Dumont, NJ. At the intersection of
Washington Avenue and New Milford Avenue stands a church. Heavy traffic
flows through the intersection, but one block to the east Park Avenue is
quiet. Very little traffic moves here, just a few cars turning in to the
parking lot at St Mary's church. Across the street from the church
parking lot 4 kitties stand in the rain watching. A plump tortoiseshell
girlcat speaks.

Amelia: Ok, guys, this is the place. There is Serge's cousin and her
husband getting out of there car and going in. Let's head over there, I
see that the street is clear now.

[The kitties check carefully for traffic, then dash across the street.
Amelia leads them along the north wall of the church until she spots a
basement window that is marked with paw prints. She paws the window open,
then all four cats drop down onto a shelf. At the end of the shelf is a
ramp down to the floor. At the base of the ramp is a paw-sized light
switch. Amelia turns on the lights and nods in satisfaction.]

Amelia: Yes, this *is* the place. This is the kitty chapel. Sammy, please
check the GPS coordinates, and if they match what we were given then send
an update message to all of the Community's teleporters. We want
everykitty who wants to participate to be able to find this place.
Ranger, I think the Serge memorabilia should be in that closet over
there. Would you go look please? And Harri, let's you and I check that
everything is in place for the community.

[Harri and Amelia check that there are comfortable cushions all around
the room, some sized for one cat, some big enough for several cats to
share. Harri checks that there are boxed of tissues placed all around the
room. Ranger calls out to them from the front of the room.]

Ranger: Amelia, I finded da stuff an putted it on da table at da front of
da room. Dere's a bigbig pikchoor of Unka Serge in da center of da table,
an a pichoor of Anais, and pikchoors of Cybele an Orianne, an a couple of
da Hawaiin shirts dat him made, an a pipe, an a box of ceegars, an a
boddle of wine, an menus from some really fancy restaurants. Is dat da
way you wanted it?

Amelia, softly: Yes, Ranger, that's fine. Harri, did you bring the
catellite phone?

[Harri paws over the catellite phone, and Amelia adjusts it to broadcast
to the whole Community.]

Amelia: Meow, everykitty. This is Amelia T Cat. Everykitty is invited to
join us fur a memorial service in honor of our Uncle Serge. Your
teleporters are loaded with the coordinates if you want to come.

Mosey has given me permission to give my memories of Serge.
I didn't know Serge that well, never spoke to him on the phone or met him in
person.
What I do remember is the few wonderful e mails we exchanged, and his love
and talent for writing.
He was a kind, loving, wonderful,, generous man who adored Mme' Anais and
then The Two Sisters, when Mme' Anais went to
Rainbow Bridge.
Serge gave love and support to those who needed it, including myself in Dec
2007 when I received a lovely e mail from Serge
when our 19 year cat Mutt went to Rainbow Bridge on his own on our big bed.
My computer crashed shortly thereafter and I no longer have that wonderful
e mail, except in my heart.
All of this was such a shock to me as well as the entire Communities, both
in real life and here on RPCC.
Serge is with God now and also with those he loved and who loved him, Mme'
Anais , his ferret ,
and the humans who went on before him, friends and family.
He is very missed and will be never forgotten.
My condolences are lovingly sent to those he loved and left behind

Aunti Kyla

Old May 7th 12, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On May 5, 1:35*pm, Community Cats wrote:
[...]

I never got to know Serge the way many of you did but it was clear
what a wonderful and kindly man he was, and is now wherever his new
adventure takes him. His Madame Anais and our Maggy May had a great
deal in common and we all really enjoyed his webbysite.

It is heartwarming to see that the exotic sisters have a new one-true
home.
Someday we may all meet again. Waiting is.

Uncle Bill

I gotta tok neow. Uncl Bill still cant see da Bridj, sew he cant gno
for shur butted Uncl Serge is wiff his lovd wuns, expeshully Madame
Anais. An he meeted Maggy May beclaws shee wuz biziting da byootiful
lady-cat dat shee amired sew multch.

Waiting is

--
WooToo
Old May 7th 12, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Community Cats" wrote in message
[...]

And we will miss awlla of you~