Nanki-Poo news

Old November 20th 04, 11:43 PM
Yoj

Default Nanki-Poo news

For those who didn't see this on another thread. Purrs, prayers,
crossed fingers and paws are requested.

I had to take Nanki-Poo back to the doctor. He hadn't eaten anything
for at least 24 hours, and I don't think he was drinking either. He had
another infusion and she took some blood to send out for testing. She
thinks he may have one of the nasty cat viruses. She says cats that are
properly cared for can live several years with them, but it would
probably mean keeping him shut up so Lindy can't catch it. She said it
was just a possibility, so I shouldn't get too depressed yet.

He doesn't seem to be feeling too bad. He snuggles and purrs, and he
actually jumped up onto the high shelf in the closet. As you know,
there's stuff on that shelf, so he had to be able to jump really high.

He's also very stubborn. She tried a different kind of food on him.
First she warmed it up in the microwave, and then she teased him with
it. He seemed definitely interested, but when she finally let him get
at it, he wouldn't eat. She also gave me an appetite stimulant to give
him. It's in pill form. She had me try giving him one, and he spit it
out. She got a special pill-giving gizmo and used it. He immediately
began drooling like crazy, and a few minutes later when I wiped off the
drool, part of the pill was there. The fact that he's so feisty is a
good sign, but it would be a lot better if he'd be more cooperative
about eating and taking pills.

I'm to call her Monday for the results of the blood tests.

Joy

Old November 21st 04, 12:58 AM
Dan M

He's also very stubborn. She tried a different kind of food on him.
First she warmed it up in the microwave, and then she teased him with
it. He seemed definitely interested, but when she finally let him get
at it, he wouldn't eat. She also gave me an appetite stimulant to give
him. It's in pill form. She had me try giving him one, and he spit it
out. She got a special pill-giving gizmo and used it. He immediately
began drooling like crazy, and a few minutes later when I wiped off the
drool, part of the pill was there. The fact that he's so feisty is a
good sign, but it would be a lot better if he'd be more cooperative
about eating and taking pills.

There ara a lot of things that can cause a cat to lose its appetite,
some of them not serious. If it continues you might want to think about
trying some Petromalt or something similar. It's a gooey paste in a
tube, and you smear a blob of it on kittie's paw. When he cleans
himself, he'll (hopefully) lick it off. Just don't put too big a blob -
kitty can then flick his paw and send a great big blob of petromalt
sailing through the air!

Dan

Old November 21st 04, 08:28 AM
Yoj

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Dan - for the encouraging words, and for the advice. I might
even have some Petromalt. I think I had it for Skeeter (RB), and it
might still be around. I'll check. I'll also follow your advice. ;-)

Joy

Old November 21st 04, 08:06 PM
Jo Firey

"Yoj" wrote in message
om...

Thanks, Dan - for the encouraging words, and for the advice. I might
even have some Petromalt. I think I had it for Skeeter (RB), and it
might still be around. I'll check. I'll also follow your advice. ;-)

Joy

With the cats ability to shake off the petromalt you just have to rub it
into the fur a bit. Or it will be all over the room.

Don't know why but it not only nourishes them, but it seems to stimulate
their appetite.

Jo

Old November 21st 04, 10:00 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the problem to be minor and easily
treatable,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yoj" wrote in message
om...
For those who didn't see this on another thread. Purrs, prayers,
crossed fingers and paws are requested.

I had to take Nanki-Poo back to the doctor. He hadn't eaten anything
for at least 24 hours, and I don't think he was drinking either. He had
another infusion and she took some blood to send out for testing. She
thinks he may have one of the nasty cat viruses. snip

Old November 21st 04, 11:48 PM
Yoj

Thank you, Polonca.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Lots of purrs and best wishes for the problem to be minor and easily
treatable,
--
Polonca & Soncek

om...

Nanki-Poo news Yoj Cat anecdotes 78 November 20th 04 12:47 AM
Touchstone feline news (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 10 May 17th 04 12:34 AM
Good News! (OT) David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 10 September 1st 03 05:46 PM