Boyfriends new litterbox

Old October 14th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriends new litterbox

Is full of what he likes to use, earth and leaves.
Whether he's used it overnight, I don't know, there is no way to tell as the
litter is underneath, but what I do know is that he does not wake me at 4
a.m now.
Maybe just the knowledge that it's there is enough for him.
We were going to seriously fall out about him waking me during the night to
go out for toilet duties. The next step would have been "I put you outside
all night"
I would not like to do that, and imagine his horror without his own bed and
duvet ;-)
Tweed

Old October 14th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Christina Websell wrote:
Is full of what he likes to use, earth and leaves.
Whether he's used it overnight, I don't know, there is no way to tell
as the litter is underneath, but what I do know is that he does not
wake me at 4 a.m now.
Maybe just the knowledge that it's there is enough for him.
We were going to seriously fall out about him waking me during the
night to go out for toilet duties. The next step would have been "I put
you outside all night"
I would not like to do that, and imagine his horror without his own
bed and duvet ;-)

Good idea! If he takes to it and uses it, you could try to gradually
increase the proportion of litter in it, so that eventually he'll use
regular litter only.

Yowie

Old October 15th 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Is full of what he likes to use, earth and leaves.
Whether he's used it overnight, I don't know, there is no way to tell
as the litter is underneath, but what I do know is that he does not
wake me at 4 a.m now.
Maybe just the knowledge that it's there is enough for him.
We were going to seriously fall out about him waking me during the
night to go out for toilet duties. The next step would have been "I put
you outside all night"
I would not like to do that, and imagine his horror without his own
bed and duvet ;-)

Good idea! If he takes to it and uses it, you could try to gradually
increase the proportion of litter in it, so that eventually he'll use
regular litter only.

Normally, when it's warmish he is out and about and can toilet outside which
he prefers. Even when it's very cold he will go out for this, so he needn't
tell me that if he's kept in for a few hours overnight it will burst his
bladder as I know it won't. He just does not like to use a litterbox.

Old October 15th 10, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Oct 14, 3:23*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Is full of what he likes to use, earth and leaves.
Whether he's used it overnight, I don't know, there is no way to tell as the
litter is underneath, but what I do know is that he does not wake me at 4
a.m now.
Maybe just the knowledge that it's there is enough for him.
We were going to seriously fall out about him waking me during the night to
go out for toilet duties. *The next step would have been "I *put you outside
all night"
I would not like to do that, and imagine his horror without his own bed and
duvet ;-)
Tweed

I'm sorry, but i had to giggle when you said earth and leaves..

Reminds me of one of my Tales from the Mouser entries...

*****

At the end of the long room were two cat doors leading to the small
room with the litter boxes. There were three different boxes, each
with different kinds of litter. The first had the latest litter
crystals, (Guaranteed to lock in odors!) The second was Tidy Cats
clay litter, (Multiple strength for Multiple cats) Finally there was a
box full of dirt and grass, (For the outdoor cat that loves that
"natural" feeling)

***

Purrs that it works out,

Kristi
Old October 16th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

He does not do grass but whether the leaves and earth is acceptable to do a
wee or poo in remains to be seen.
There is no sign that that's he used it but it has shut him up from waking
me at 4 a.m.
]
Purrs that it works out,

Kristi