Poll OT Toilet paper

Old November 4th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Poll OT Toilet paper

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message . ..
"Jofirey" wrote in news:VTtPk.2766$8_3.1222
@flpi147.ffdc.sbc.com:

Over the top here. Somewhat easier to get at if there isn't a
whole
lot of extra room.

What could possibly be in the way? I've used many cramped bathrooms,
but
never one so cramped that an overhand feed would help.

Picture the holder at elbow height. And a person wide enough that
said elbow touches the roll.

On second thought - don't.

Old November 4th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

ScratchMonkey wrote:

As a kid, it was always underhand feed, and I just can't conceive of it
being any other way.

I've been wondering about this, because Mum puts it in that way
(underhand), yet I want it the other way. It always annoys me when I
visit her that she has the roll the wrong way. :P

snippety

OTOH, I'm a "toss the dirty laundry on the floor" guy, so I'm not
completely free of the effects of my Y chromosome.

Well, I don't have a Y chromosome, but I do toss dirty laundry on the
floor. Sometimes it stays there for days...

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old November 4th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My husband did the laundry few times in our 30 year marriage. He wondered
why his underwear was blue, washed a pair of blue men's sock with it. He
wondered why his favorite shirt didn't fit because after all he hadn't
gained weight, he ran the dryer full time on hot, thought things would dry
quicker that way and save money.

When he did the really dark things he wondered why they had green fuzzy
things all over them. "Well, there was only one towel so I threw that in to
get it done." Thus the fuzzies.
wrote in message

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:04:48 -0800, "Jofirey"
wrote:

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
news:T4SdnbcMRMbT2ZPUnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@earthlink. com...
Do you put your TP on the roll with the end on the top (over hand)
or on the bottom (under hand)? I read somewhere that the vast
majority of genius level people place their TP on the rolls with the
end on the top, which I find funny as I've always placed it that
way. So, over the top or bottom. And do your owners have a
preference? Mine prefer over the top as well. I haven't found a
correlation between kitty intelligence and toilet paper placement,
but then I haven't been looking all that hard.

Pam S.

Over the top here. Somewhat easier to get at if there isn't a whole
lot of extra room.

Same here, same reason.

Never had placement stop a determined cat. But they have all outgrown
it.

Ours never had the interest, not a problem here.

Now if I could figure out why male DNA prevents placing a tp roll on
the roller....

Again, not a problem here. I'm the one replacing when my wife doesn't.

My guys do laundry, iron, vacuum, cook, wash dishes etc. But have
never been known to place a roll of tp on a tp roller.

I couldn't cook to save my life and women have too many rules on
laundry. This goes in hots, this goes in colds, this stays with colors,
this goes with whites, this has some color but *not enough* for colors,
this goes in the dryer - but only for a few minutes then hangs to take
our the wrinkles, this NEVER goes in the dryer, this goes in the dryer
for the full cycle, this goes in the dryer but set on cool......yada,
yada, yada. :O

Men OTOH have simpler processes for our clothes:
1. Throw dirty clothes in washer with detergent
2. Throw wet clean clothes in dryer set on hot
3. Put away dried clean clothes (optional)

Alternative process:
1. Have SWMBO do it. Less arguing than if you put her white blouse with
her red bra together in hot water then both in a full-cycle hot dryer.

(They also seem not to comprehend the notion of putting the empty roll
cardboard in a trash can)

It's cardboard, it goes into the recycling bags for papers/cardboard.
Recycling here alternates Wednesdays between picking up papers one week
and picking up co-mingled glass - plastic - metal containers.
--
mers
Craig, Kathi & "Cat Five" the tabby girl

Old November 4th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

It's usually red socks that are washed with underwear, I'm sure I'n not the
only man with pink y-fronts. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 4th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
My husband did the laundry few times in our 30 year marriage. He
wondered why his underwear was blue, washed a pair of blue men's
sock with it. He wondered why his favorite shirt didn't fit because
after all he hadn't gained weight, he ran the dryer full time on
hot, thought things would dry quicker that way and save money.

When he did the really dark things he wondered why they had green
fuzzy things all over them. "Well, there was only one towel so I
threw that in to get it done." Thus the fuzzies.

Now my mother was the 'queen of laundry' so I know all the rules and
follow them.

But shortly after we were married, nearly half a century ago, I
washed, ironed, and hung up Charlie's Air Force uniform shirts in the
closet. He took them back out and fixed the hangers to where they
were all facing the same way. I never ironed another shirt for him.

He didn't learn. Next he decided he didn't approve of the way I
folded undershirts. I fold them in half (side to side) first. He
thinks they should be folded in thirds so there isn't a crease in the
center front. (Like undershirts hold a crease!) That took care of
that. Haven't done any of his laundry since.

A few years after we were married he lived with my parents for six
months and learned all the finer points as well. So he even does a
lot of my laundry too, and knows which things to leave for me.

Its worked out well for all concerned, or at least for me.

Jo

Old November 5th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Do you put your TP on the roll with the end on the top (over hand) or on
the bottom (under hand)? I read somewhere that the vast majority of
genius level people place their TP on the rolls with the end on the top,
which I find funny as I've always placed it that way. So, over the top or
bottom. And do your owners have a preference? Mine prefer over the top as
well. I haven't found a correlation between kitty intelligence and toilet
paper placement, but then I haven't been looking all that hard.

Over the top here. Even if my kitties were to mess around with the TP -
which they never have - I have a cunning little device on the holder that
drops down on top of the roll that prevents more than two pieces being
ripped off at once. It was fitted by the previous owners of the house who
had two small children. Marvellous invention ;-)

Tweed

Old November 5th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
RF

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

[...]

My two used to love to unravel the TP, no matter which way I had it.
Moving the litter box solved that problem (so far!)

Old November 9th 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I have a cunning little device on the holder that
drops down on top of the roll that prevents more than two pieces being
ripped off at once. It was fitted by the previous owners of the house
who had two small children. Marvellous invention ;-)

Is it still available? What's it called and where might one buy one?

ALL TOILET PAPER MUST DIEEEEEEE! Karen Cat anecdotes 28 December 26th 06 06:43 AM
Toilet Paper Eater Jan Harris Cats - misc 4 April 9th 05 06:06 PM
Toilet Paper Greeblings Mathew Kagis Cat anecdotes 7 April 5th 05 12:37 PM
Toilet Paper John Biltz Cat anecdotes 11 August 17th 03 08:41 PM
toilet paper 2 Byron & Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 5 August 17th 03 04:09 AM