OT I will be glad when today is over

Old November 4th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT I will be glad when today is over

I voted I am just waiting for this day to be done.
Either Hell, Heaven or Both begins at the end of the vote

Old November 4th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Matthew wrote:
I voted I am just waiting for this day to be done.
Either Hell, Heaven or Both begins at the end of the vote

That statement reminds me of something I read a long time ago. I wish I
could remember it correctly but I cannot. However it went something
like this:
" Why Worry? Things are either going to get better, or they are going
to get worse. If things get better, there is nothing to worry about.
If they get worse, there are only two things to worry about. You are
wither going to live or you are going to die. If you are going to live,
there is nothing to worry about. If you are going to die, there are
only two things to worry about. You are either going to Heaven or you
are going to Hell.
If you are going to Heaven, there is nothing to worry about. If you are
going to Hell, you will be so busy greeting old friends, you will have
no time to worry -- so why worry". (Author unknown)

Purrs that things will get better. MLB
Old November 4th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I want it to be over too, but I'm afraid it won't be. I've also heard about
several problems here in California, ranging from a shortage of ballots
through various problems with voting equipment to a stolen voting machine.
:-(

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old November 4th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Nov 4, 10:23 am, "Matthew"
wrote:
I voted I am just waiting for this day to be done.
Either Hell, Heaven or Both begins at the end of the vote

Hey, Matt - did you vote *yes* n amendment 4 in FL ballot?
See my video near your post.

Off course I voted Yes for 4

Old November 4th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Joy" wrote in message
I want it to be over too, but I'm afraid it won't be. I've also
heard about several problems here in California, ranging from a
shortage of ballots through various problems with voting equipment to
a stolen voting machine. :-(

Well, at least you can get a free cup of crummy coffee. Starbucks
wanted to give a free cup of coffee to anyone that votes, but that is
illegal in California, so they are giving a free tall brewed to anyone
who asks for it. If the lines are long, I may go get my coffee to
drink while I wait.

Figure those lines won't be bad since we have more Starbucks than
polling locations anyway.

Jo

Old November 4th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Figure those lines won't be bad since we have more Starbucks than
polling locations anyway.

Jo

Unless things have changed a lot in the year and a half I've been away, I
think CA has more Starbucks than voters.

Old November 4th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix

Jofirey wrote:
Well, at least you can get a free cup of crummy coffee. Starbucks
wanted to give a free cup of coffee to anyone that votes, but that is
illegal in California, so they are giving a free tall brewed to anyone
who asks for it.

That's not California, Jo, it's federal law that you cannot offer
anything of value to vote or not vote. It was a law designed to
protect us from vote-jiggering.

Deborah
voted last week (we loves our vote-by-mail, we does)
Old November 4th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Dan M"
Figure those lines won't be bad since we have more Starbucks than
polling locations anyway.

Jo

Unless things have changed a lot in the year and a half I've been away, I
think CA has more Starbucks than voters.

Seattle is the birthplace of Starbucks, but we voted by absentee ballot.
I'll be glad when this day is over too......dreading the outcome.
Kyla

Old November 4th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Whomever is elected will blamed for all this mess no matter how much good
they try to do. Things were already set in motion but people have very
short memories as to dates and how much someone can actually do.
g.com...

Old November 4th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Dan M" wrote in message
Figure those lines won't be bad since we have more Starbucks than
polling locations anyway.

Jo

Unless things have changed a lot in the year and a half I've been
away, I
think CA has more Starbucks than voters.

Only thing that's changed, we now have twice as many Starbucks. And
no, I don't think I'm exaggerating.

Jo