OT I will be glad when today is over

Old November 7th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default OT I will be glad when today is over

On Nov 5, 1:50*pm, "Granby" wrote:
So much for my thinking that maybe, just maybe apathy might be on it's way
out. *I had high hopes for the election and, since so many voted had hoped
the American people were finally going to take an interest in our country..
To each their own and am not trying to ruffle feathers, just sorry I must
have been in a daze.

Just out of curiosity? Where did you see apathy? I voted, by
informed decision. My mother-in-law and I discussed what the ballot
initiatives for our state were about, because she thinks she wouldn't
understand.

The commercials weren't about who could do a better job, they were
about who *couldn't*. That's mud slinging (oh and don't forget who so-
and-so may or may not have been friends with). I have no time for
that. Perhaps your commercials are 'kinder and gentler'?

SD (Annie)

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in messagenews:ce99fa6e-c42a-

Speaking for this USA'ian... *It is horribly boring for us too.

I sat with my mother-in-law, we went over the ballot/amendment items
and what they meant. *She seems to think she's too stupid to read them
at the polling site (she isn't but I digress). *She then went and
voted. *I voted by mail in ballot (standing is an issue) two weeks
ago.

It's all about slinging mud, and who slings it better anymore.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old November 7th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I was thinking of elections past when the people showed little interest. I
was proud of the way people voted this year, numbers I mean.

Those "commercials" are a joke. Can't think of a half dozen that are
memorable.

Over my 60+ years it seems to have gotten worse about what everyone
expected, More More More. Well, I think the More wagon has broken a wheel
and will be down for awhile.

Old November 7th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
hopitus wrote:

As I said, the voters kicked a field goal, 4th quarter, 4th down,
minutes left to play.....from downfield 80 yards. Is there such a
thing as a "Hail Mary" field goat? Apathy put them downfield 80 yards.
The Broncos could presently use such get-go.

Hopitus, you definitely follow a Surrealist style of writing. I don't have
a *clue* what you're saying here!

As a previous goat keeper for many years, I rather like the idea of a Hail
Mary field goat ;-) I imagine it with a rosary round the neck instead of a
collar!

Tweed

Old November 7th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Granby wrote:
I was thinking of elections past when the people showed little interest. I
was proud of the way people voted this year, numbers I mean.

Those "commercials" are a joke. Can't think of a half dozen that are
memorable.

Unfortunately, I CAN! .....But "memorable" for all the wrong reasons,
alas. (I guess FDR came in for his share of mud-slinging, too, but I was
much to young to remember those - and anyway that was before there was
television to add a visual element.)
Old November 7th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

hopitus wrote:

As I said, the voters kicked a field goal, 4th quarter, 4th down,
minutes left to play.....from downfield 80 yards. Is there such a
thing as a "Hail Mary" field goat? Apathy put them downfield 80 yards.
The Broncos could presently use such get-go.

As a previous goat keeper for many years, I rather like the idea of a Hail
Mary field goat ;-)

LOL!! I think this should be an official RPCA entity along with other
surreal concepts such as the Church of the Porcelain Three-Three and the
Holy Bowl. Important to keep the newbies confused, after all.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 7th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
hopitus wrote:

As I said, the voters kicked a field goal, 4th quarter, 4th down,
minutes left to play.....from downfield 80 yards. Is there such a
thing as a "Hail Mary" field goat? Apathy put them downfield 80 yards.
The Broncos could presently use such get-go.

Hopitus, you definitely follow a Surrealist style of writing. I don't
have
a *clue* what you're saying here!

As a previous goat keeper for many years, I rather like the idea of a Hail
Mary field goat ;-) I imagine it with a rosary round the neck instead of
a collar!

Tweed

ROTFLMAO! Oh that mental picture is priceless!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 7th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Nov 7, 3:05 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
.. .
hopitus wrote:

As I said, the voters kicked a field goal, 4th quarter, 4th down,
minutes left to play.....from downfield 80 yards. Is there such a
thing as a "Hail Mary" field goat? Apathy put them downfield 80
yards.
The Broncos could presently use such get-go.

Hopitus, you definitely follow a Surrealist style of writing. I don't
have
a *clue* what you're saying here!

As a previous goat keeper for many years, I rather like the idea of a
Hail
Mary field goat ;-) I imagine it with a rosary round the neck instead
of
a collar!

Tweed

ROTFLMAO! Oh that mental picture is priceless!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

l. Word is "goal" typo was "goat".
2. You want surreal? Your opinion is that football analogies is
surreal? Okay,
mine is that higher math b.s. we were subjected to. I have not the
slightest
interest in that crap being explained to me. I did not go to MIT, LOL.
3. In connection with above #2, ask any male you know who understands
or
watches football to explain it to you. I'm not going to. I agree its
fun to keep
the noobs on their toes here.....LOL.
4. Re "apathy" - also ask them to explain what "apathy put them
downfield 80
yards" means. IMHO as Granby posted, "apathy" and assuming the Fed Gov
knows what its doing ....put the dingbat Shrub in its White Dwelling
occupation
for double our fun....not.
5. I consider it attractive to be considered "surreal"....there are
some here who
consider me otherwise; that's cool, too.
6. Joyce, have tried several attempts to email you w/o the xxxx's and
they fail.
Why don't you email me? Then I'll just "reply" to yours.....and since
I don't have
to go anywhere right soon, I'll grab your email before it hits my
garbage pail in
that addy.....

I don't know about anyone else, but personally I *love* surreal - normal is
boring!

Hugs,

CatNipped