Still no Sammy news

Old November 7th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Still no Sammy news

I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.
Old November 7th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Daniel Mahoney" ...
I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

It is

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.

(((((((((((Dan and Nancy)))))))))))))
I looked at Sammy's picture again, and he's wearing a collar, right?
Sammy, puuuuuuurrs for you to get home safe and soon.
Praying hard.....
Love
Kyla and Mosey

Old November 7th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Dan, talked to Lee and she said they are all puring and paying for a good
outcome, as are we at my house.

Old November 7th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I remember when my cat Tika (RB) disappeared one day after I'd moved into
a new apartment. She was an indoor-only cat, but she managed to slip out
during an inattentive moment (of mine) during the move.

I went to the local shelter to see if she'd been picked up, and I know
exactly what you mean. Seeing all those sad, lonely kitties in cages,
combined with worrying about my own missing cat, reduced me to tears in
no time.

My cat was found (by the manager of the apartment complex - she was a
cat-lover herself), scrunched down in a screened-in vent for the clothes
dryer in one of the laundry facilities. I don't know how she managed to
climb in there, but she was obviously scared and was hiding in a small
space. Much, much closer to home than the shelter was, btw! Except for
some dehydration, she was fine.

I'm willing to bet that Sammy is also pretty close to home, wherever he
is. Purrs that he is someplace out of the weather, until he gets home!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 7th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

mega purrs continuing for Sammy's return!
Christine

Old November 7th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again
today. They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even
the new arrivals.

No Sam.

I'm so very sorry to hear there's still no Sammy news, Dan. Continuing get
your furry butt home purrs for Samuel Redcat.

Jill

Old November 7th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.

Dan, I am so sorry, and sending you the biggest strongest purrs Dante can
manage.

Old November 7th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again
today. They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even
the new arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.

Still sending purrs for Sammy to come home.

It so sad the number of cats and dogs needing homes, unfortunately in the
current economic conditions this is likely to get worse. :-(
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 7th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

I am so sorry you haven't found him yet, and sending purrs and prayers that
you will get him back soon
I hardly like to say this (forgive me) but are there predators in your area
that could have taken him? I'm ignorant of what predators could be in Iowa,
as a Brit.
Samuel Redcat get home soon.

Tweed

Old November 8th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I am so sorry you haven't found him yet, and sending purrs and prayers that
you will get him back soon
I hardly like to say this (forgive me) but are there predators in your area
that could have taken him? I'm ignorant of what predators could be in Iowa,
as a Brit.
Samuel Redcat get home soon.

Tweed

I thought of that too. We're in the heart of the town, just 5 blocks
from the town square. About 5 blocks south we've got a fairly sizeable
woods that adjoins farm fields, so the woods sometimes get coyotes. But
I really don't see Sammy traveling that far, and even the heavily wooded
areas don't have nearly as many coyotes as California did. The southern
part of the state has bobcats, but we're in the central part of the
state. And I've never seen a coyote anywhere near our house.

I suspect he's somewhere close by, got locked in somewhere or got
"adopted" by someone. Nancy and I have walked all the streets within
several blocks calling him, handing out flyers, and looking everywhere
we can think of.

Thanks for the purrs and prayers. We appreciate them.