Tap Tap, Paw on the Face, and the refrigerator

Old June 23rd 12, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Tap Tap, Paw on the Face, and the refrigerator

Persia woke me up too early this morning! 6AM! Noooo. I was really
sleeping well, which is rare of late. Then I felt her paw gently tapping my
nose. I grumbled, "Momma's sleeping" and burrowed my nose into the pillow
so she couldn't tap it. So she put her paw on my cheek and left it there.
LOL She has very soft paws so I didn't mind that Her next maneuver was
to give me very gentle "kitty kisses" on my hand, forearm and shoulder.
Awww, I love how you're being so sweet but it's too early! Momma's
sleeping.

She still had kibble and a bowl full of fresh water from when I went to bed.
She had a clean litter box. What on earth could she possibly want me to get
up for so urgently at 6AM?

She let me drift off again... for a few minutes. When I grudgingly got up
she did something unusual. She marched straight from the bedroom to the
kitchen. She meowed the whole time. She kept stopping to glance over her
shoulder to make sure I was following her. [It felt like a 'Lassie' movie:
"Come quick, Timmy fell down the well!"] What the heck did she want to show
me in the kitchen? A dead mouse? Nope. She led me straight to the
refrigerator and stood there meowing her head off. LOL

Persia's a very bright cat. I went to the store yesterday to pick up some
grocery staples. I inadvertently let Persia see me put a half gallon of
milk in the refrigerator. She didn't comment or ask for any at the time.
No, she filed the information away in her kitty brain "There is milk in
the refrigerator And Momma will give me some if I play this right." LOL

So at the crack of dawn she very cutely woke me up, marched me to the
kitchen and got me to pour some milk. I guess this makes me a good cat
slave

The thing is, I would have given her a drizzle of milk when I brought it
home from the store. (I give her a little bit a couple of times a month.)
She didn't have to concoct this elaborate plot.

Jill

Old June 23rd 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

LOL they are to smart for their own good sometimes ;-)

Old June 23rd 12, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:35:03 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:
Persia's a very bright cat. I went to the store yesterday to pick up some
grocery staples. I inadvertently let Persia see me put a half gallon of
milk in the refrigerator. She didn't comment or ask for any at the time.
No, she filed the information away in her kitty brain "There is milk in
the refrigerator And Momma will give me some if I play this right." LOL

She's a very clever girl!

Dot doesn't seem to like my milk (2%). She likes my half-and-half, and
loooves my yogurt.
Old June 24th 12, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Dear sweet Persia. :-)
--
Adrian
Old June 24th 12, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

She's a character, that much is obvious Gotta love a cat who plots and
plans and figures things out. Just when I think she can't surprise me
anymore, she does!

Jill

Old June 24th 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Of course she will, if you allow her to. I don't allow Boyfie in my bedroom
because of this. I don't want my boy to pat my face at stupid-o-clock and
he would if I gave him the chance.
He is not allowed upstairs during the night, he has to sleep on a soft sofa
downstairs.
He will often pat my face in the day with a soft paw if it's getting near to
food time, but I don't want him waking me.
I don't like him patting my face to insist so I push his paw away and make
him get off my knee. The main reason that if I don't give in he will shred
the rug

Old June 25th 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

We'll have to agree to disagree. I love having Persia curled up next to me
at night. And I don't mind her touching my face with her paw. I find it
very endearing. At 6AM it can be annoying, but she doesn't usually wake me
that early. I'm usually awake by 7:30 or so anyway. These days I'm the one
waking *her* up

One of the first things that surprised me, after she showed up at my back
door and demanded to be let in, was she slept in bed with me that very
night. She didn't know me. But she trusted me enough to curl up next to me
and go to sleep

Jill

Old June 25th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I completely understand what you're saying. I miss having a cat curled up
to me in bed. Nanki-Poo always slept next to me, or sometimes partly on top
of me. Waffles and Pickles spend most of the night on the foot of the bed,
but sometimes they don't even stay there all night. :-(

Joy

Old June 26th 12, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I love having Persia curled up next to me at night. And I don't mind
her touching my face with her paw. I find it very endearing. At 6AM
it can be annoying, but she doesn't usually wake me that early.

I've usually had a pillowcat, but don't at the moment. I miss it.
Muriel kept it up longest, until just before she died - always curled
up tight on the end of the bolster nearest the outside. She never
woke up until I did.