Infestation

Old June 22nd 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Infestation

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Marina" wrote in message
We had heard about the red dot greeblings that seem to infest many cat
homes, but we had never seen them. We figured our climate is too cold
for them to survive here.

But today, one of them appeared here! First Caliban, then Viktor, and
then even Miranda got into the chase but none of them could catch it
and kill it. The chase went on for Bast knows how long, and always
the red dot greebling managed to avoid pouncing kitty paws.

At one point it went round and round and round, and Caliban went
round and round and round after it until he was all mixed up, and
still he could not get his paws on it.

Finally it ran under the desk and disappeared. Caliban sat waiting for
it a looong time, but it never reappeared.

--

I do wish that Boyfie would like anything that you all say your cats
like. I've got him cardboard boxes, all sorts of toys - he isn't

Tweed

How very sensible.

Sweep (RB) was boss cat in the street but she didn't like big spiders,
little ones were fair game but she always pretended not to have seen the
big ones.

One day I was in the kitchen and Sweep and DH were in the sitting room. DH
called me to bring the sid kit (We call spiders sids, I don't know why) I
took the jar to find DH pointing to the sofa and Sweep watching the said
sofa with a worried expression. The big spider had been on the curtain but
while I was getting the kit it had run past both of them and gone under
the sofa. I moved the sofa with those two the other side of the room and
put the jar over the spider. AS I went to get the card to slide underneath
Sweep walked over to the jar and hit it with her paw as if to say "If you
weren't in there, I'd have you." yeah?

I loved that story, thank you, Judith. It really made me smile.
I'm with Sweep. I do not like and am horrified by big spiders. Used to be
all spiders but have worked on it.
Tweed

Old June 22nd 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

One day I was in the kitchen and Sweep and DH were in the sitting room. DH
called me to bring the sid kit (We call spiders sids, I don't know why) I
took the jar to find DH pointing to the sofa and Sweep watching the said
sofa with a worried expression. The big spider had been on the curtain but
while I was getting the kit it had run past both of them and gone under
the sofa. I moved the sofa with those two the other side of the room and
put the jar over the spider. AS I went to get the card to slide underneath
Sweep walked over to the jar and hit it with her paw as if to say "If you
weren't in there, I'd have you." yeah?

Haha! Nothing gives one courage more than seeing the enemy trapped and
unable to get at you.

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old June 22nd 12, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

Juidth

--
Judith Latham

That reminds me of Pepper (RB), a miniature schnauzer I used to have. I
once had a repairman come in to fix my kitchen range. The whole time the
repairman was in the house, Pepper was pressed up against the back of my
legs, trembling. As soon as he went out, and she saw I had locked the
screen door, she began jumping on the door, roaring about how she'd kill him
if she could just get at him.

Joy

Old June 23rd 12, 09:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
Does anyone have an indoor/outdoor cat who still likes to play
with
non-living kitty toys?

My neighbour's cat that comes to visit, Ginger, loves shiny
paper. I had gold and silver bows used to decorate wrapped
presents - he batted them around for a while, then picked them up
in his mouth and ran off into the garden with them! I don't know
where he eventually took them - I've never found them!

This morning, he found the shiny wrapper from a candy packet
("Starburst" chews) in my waste basket. He tipped the basket
over, grabbed the wrapper, and proceeded to treat it like a
football - bashing it around my living room, and shredding it!

--
MatSav

Old June 24th 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..

That reminds me of Pepper (RB), a miniature schnauzer I used to have. I
once had a repairman come in to fix my kitchen range. The whole time the
repairman was in the house, Pepper was pressed up against the back of my
legs, trembling. As soon as he went out, and she saw I had locked the
screen door, she began jumping on the door, roaring about how she'd kill
him if she could just get at him.

Joy

Lol! Aww, what a brave little dog. She must have realised if she was
killed in the attack on the repairman she wouldn't have been any use to you
any more..

Tweed

Old June 24th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..

That reminds me of Pepper (RB), a miniature schnauzer I used to have. I
once had a repairman come in to fix my kitchen range. The whole time the
repairman was in the house, Pepper was pressed up against the back of my
legs, trembling. As soon as he went out, and she saw I had locked the
screen door, she began jumping on the door, roaring about how she'd kill
him if she could just get at him.

Joy

Lol! Aww, what a brave little dog. She must have realised if she was
killed in the attack on the repairman she wouldn't have been any use to
you any more..

Tweed

Right. That must have been it.

Joy

Old June 27th 12, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:48:35 PM UTC-4, Marina wrote:
We had heard about the red dot greeblings that seem to infest many cat
homes, but we had never seen them. We figured our climate is too cold
for them to survive here.

But today, one of them appeared here! First Caliban, then Viktor, and
then even Miranda got into the chase but none of them could catch it and
kill it. The chase went on for Bast knows how long, and always the red
dot greebling managed to avoid pouncing kitty paws.

At one point it went round and round and round, and Caliban went round
and round and round after it until he was all mixed up, and still he
could not get his paws on it.

Finally it ran under the desk and disappeared. Caliban sat waiting for
it a looong time, but it never reappeared.

--
Marina, Miranda, Caliban and Viktor.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

I had one of those for Fin, but it only took him 20 minutes to figure out where it came from, and then he jumped on my lap and batted my hand, and that was it. He never chased it again. *sigh*
The Princess Rita isn't interested at all. She like jingle bells and feathers, preferably together.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita