A different point of view

Old April 9th 05, 03:27 PM
Stormin Mormon

Default A different point of view

There is an old expression that there are two sides to every story.

A couple weeks ago, I drove about an hour and a half to interview a cat. The
interview (and my dinner conversation with Liz and Louie) were not as ideal
as I'd wished.

I've since emailed Liz a couple of times, but not heard back. I used postal
mail to write two identical letters (Liz and Louie) to ask where they wanted
to go with this matter. I've not heard back from either of them.

Just for curiosity, I signed onto the RPCA message board, and see if Liz has
been posting. Yes, and only slightly to my surprise she's mentioned me
several times.

What did come as a surprise is that much of what she's written has been
remarkably different than what I remember of the cat interview, and of my
friendship with her and Louie.

Seeing as how she's written extensively and publically, I'm going to take a
couple moments (over a period of a couple days) and share with the group
what I remember of the matters.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old April 9th 05, 03:32 PM
Karen

in article , Stormin Mormon at
wrote on 4/9/05 9:27AM:

[...]

It really doesn't matter. It is your posts that made it clear that a cat is
not the pet for you. Some people aren't cat people. That's really all that
matters. There are other pets that fit what you want in a pet.

Old April 9th 05, 07:14 PM
Mary

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
[...]

Norman! I wondered what had happened to you.

Old April 9th 05, 10:51 PM
Yowie

[...]

Thats fine, and I'll be happy to read it.

All I ask of you (and Liz and Louie if he posts here) is not to use RPCA as
your personal debating arena.

RPCA is big enough to hold different viewpoints, and indeed, maintain
friendships wtih people who have different opinions on things. Please let it
stay that way.

Yowie

Old April 9th 05, 11:13 PM
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
There is an old expression that there are two sides to every story.

Seeing as how she's written extensively and publically, I'm going to
take a couple moments (over a period of a couple days) and share
with the group what I remember of the matters.

Thats fine, and I'll be happy to read it.

All I ask of you (and Liz and Louie if he posts here) is not to use
RPCA as your personal debating arena.

RPCA is big enough to hold different viewpoints, and indeed, maintain
friendships wtih people who have different opinions on things. Please
let it stay that way.

Yowie

Thank you, Yowie! This isn't the place to be debating against each other.
I'm happy to see all of them post. What they did or did not discuss over
dinner really doesn't involve us (nor should it).

Jill

Old April 10th 05, 02:11 AM
Stormin Mormon

I'm OK with that. My goal at present is twofold:
1) present the other side of the story
2) Work out the misunderstandings

I've offered to phone, mail, email, etc. So if they are agreeable, we should
go to private email promptly.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old April 10th 05, 02:11 AM
Stormin Mormon

It's been an interesting couple weeks. I'm glad to be back, working toward
understanding.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1113070501.b58175cb079ec6f31139e40eb7b7d88a@t eranews...

Norman! I wondered what had happened to you.

Old April 10th 05, 06:58 AM
Singh

It has been noted; and earlier, I did post something to the effect of how
much of a jackass I've been. A separate message of greater detail has been
sent to Chris, and again an apology to him and everyone else. i didn't do
right.

Blessed be,
baha

Old April 10th 05, 08:29 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:58:18 -0400, "Singh"
wrote:

It has been noted; and earlier, I did post something to the effect of how
much of a jackass I've been. A separate message of greater detail has been
sent to Chris, and again an apology to him and everyone else. i didn't do
right.

whew - glad to hear things may be worked out - outside the NG. I
really don't know what the fuss is about - must have happened while I
was swapped for awhile and deleted a couple thousand messages to catch
up.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 10th 05, 07:30 PM
Tanada

Steve Touchstone wrote:

- must have happened while I
was swapped for awhile and deleted a couple thousand messages to catch
up.

OK, I want to know who they swapped you with, how they did it, and if
there was any improvement in the service department.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. who is very interested in Sammy and Lil Bit's
techniques

Fawn Point Siamese In UK Carolyn Smith Cat health & behaviour 0 January 26th 05 10:10 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 November 28th 04 05:15 AM
How Cats view Humans Josh Cats - misc 2 October 30th 04 06:33 PM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
A different point of view Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 21 September 13th 04 10:42 PM