Sleeping with the 'Nip

Old August 21st 05, 10:08 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:55:29 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

I'm just north of you up here in Oklahoma. I planted some nip a couple
years ago to see if my crew would react to home grown, but they're
just not interested. I have it in a couple flowerpots and it comes
back every year now. Don't think the neighborhood cats react to it
either, since no one ever bothers it (well, except for me, as I have
to watch it to keep it from spreading from the pots into the flower
garden).
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old August 21st 05, 10:14 AM
Norm

Bill Stock wrote:

Yeah, Cali seemed a little shell shocked at first. "I didn't know it came in
quantity?"

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...28777452GYBDSt

That green in lower left? Catnip we planted last summer - obviously I
haven't been keeping The Gang of Four stoned enough. Anyone for a
toke? :-) Norm (Poconos, and Datsuns)

--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got." via Nat King Cole
Old August 21st 05, 04:40 PM
Bill Stock

wrote:

Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the
herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

I'm just north of you up here in Oklahoma. I planted some nip a couple
years ago to see if my crew would react to home grown, but they're
just not interested. I have it in a couple flowerpots and it comes
back every year now. Don't think the neighborhood cats react to it
either, since no one ever bothers it (well, except for me, as I have
to watch it to keep it from spreading from the pots into the flower
garden).

Cali loves her fresh Nip, she always looks for it when we come in the back
door. If we forget her daily dose she meows at us. Smokey is missing the Nip
gene and is only interested because Cali likes it.

Old August 21st 05, 04:41 PM
Bill Stock

"Norm" wrote in message
Bill Stock wrote:

Yeah, Cali seemed a little shell shocked at first. "I didn't know it came
in
quantity?"

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...28777452GYBDSt

That green in lower left? Catnip we planted last summer - obviously I
haven't been keeping The Gang of Four stoned enough. Anyone for a
toke? :-) Norm (Poconos, and Datsuns)

Forget the Nip man, look at all the cool cars!

Old August 21st 05, 08:34 PM
Christina Websell

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
The pictures!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...0a.jpg&.src=ph

Hee hee hee, I just love the look on Cali's face!

Tweed

Old August 22nd 05, 01:36 AM
John F. Eldredge

wrote:

Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

I'm just north of you up here in Oklahoma. I planted some nip a couple
years ago to see if my crew would react to home grown, but they're
just not interested. I have it in a couple flowerpots and it comes
back every year now. Don't think the neighborhood cats react to it
either, since no one ever bothers it (well, except for me, as I have
to watch it to keep it from spreading from the pots into the flower
garden).

I have never tried growing catnip, but I know that it is a member of
the mint family, and they are all known for being invasive. I am
currently fighting another invasive plant, having made the mistake of
planting English ivy in my foundation planting a few years ago. It is
now trying to take over the house.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 22nd 05, 01:41 AM
Victor Martinez

John F. Eldredge wrote:
I have never tried growing catnip, but I know that it is a member of
the mint family, and they are all known for being invasive. I am

Oh yeah! We have mint in the garden and it is an evil weed. An evil weed
that is good for making mojitos though...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 22nd 05, 03:11 AM
badwilson

Victor Martinez wrote:
John F. Eldredge wrote:
I have never tried growing catnip, but I know that it is a member

of
the mint family, and they are all known for being invasive. I am

Oh yeah! We have mint in the garden and it is an evil weed. An evil
weed that is good for making mojitos though...

Oooooh, mojitos! Yum and slobber! Dennis and I have been making
those and they are so good. Thai whiskey, which is actually rum, is
dirt cheap at $3/bottle and mint is only a few cents for a big bundle
at the market. These drinks are dangerous on more levels than one ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old August 22nd 05, 08:01 PM
Jane

Catnip grows wild out behind the house I grew up in. The cats just
look at you funny when you try to offer it up.
'So what? It's all over out there, you see?'

They just don't care.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old August 26th 05, 03:25 AM
Jo Firey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Bill Stock wrote:
The pictures!

That's the biggest catnip plant (?) I've seen!

We had one a few years ago the cats could sleep under out in the yard.
Trouble is it got kind of woody and Charlie decided to replace it. Haven't
been able to get another one going.

We are in the central valley in California, it was growing in full sun and
it gets up to 105 here every summer. Only a bit of light frost in the
winter.

Jo

does your cat twitch while sleeping? John Doe Cat health & behaviour 34 April 27th 05 04:55 AM
Sleeping Cats jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 April 30th 04 07:44 PM
Add new sleeping behavior... Jason Cat health & behaviour 16 April 5th 04 06:59 PM
What to do to a sleeping cat Takayuki Cat anecdotes 23 November 12th 03 08:46 PM
kitten alwasys sleeping and a few other questions Gail Cat health & behaviour 12 July 16th 03 04:41 PM