They want *how* much for this?

Old March 17th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default They want *how* much for this?

"wafflycat" wrote in message

That's called a cardboard box with a few holes cut in it.... shabby chic
and all that ;-)

I love it - I could just see the boys peering out all those holes! I can
also see that my boys would reduce that cardboard to *extremely* shabby chic
in no time. Chester loves to scratch cardboard :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 17th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez skrev i meddelandet ...
I just found the absolute coolest, most ridiculously expensive piece of
cat furniture. If I win the lotto, I'm getting one of these for the crew:
http://www.postmodernpets.com/catp_cocoon.htm
I wonder how hard would it be to make one myself.... hmmmmm....

Surely they have got the idea for this cocoon from a wasp's nest?
They are made of cardboard too - chewed by the wasps.
And the shape...
Elisabet

Old March 17th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, Lisa Katt penned:

Surely they have got the idea for this cocoon from a wasp's nest?
They are made of cardboard too - chewed by the wasps. And the
shape... Elisabet

What did wasps use before humans invented cardboard?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 17th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
What did wasps use before humans invented cardboard?

Natural wood, of course.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 17th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, Lisa Katt penned:

Surely they have got the idea for this cocoon from a wasp's nest?
They are made of cardboard too - chewed by the wasps. And the
shape... Elisabet

What did wasps use before humans invented cardboard?

Plastic ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old March 17th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
I just found the absolute coolest, most ridiculously expensive piece of
cat furniture. If I win the lotto, I'm getting one of these for the crew:
http://www.postmodernpets.com/catp_cocoon.htm
I wonder how hard would it be to make one myself.... hmmmmm....

--
Victor M. Martinez

Those really are the absolute coolest. AND ridiculously expensive. What
makes it so ridiculous is that it's basically made of cardboard, and
while the cats would love it, in a month's time it would be a shredded
eyesore. A $250 shredded eyesore.

Sherry

Old March 17th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
ups.com...

Victor Martinez wrote:
I just found the absolute coolest, most ridiculously expensive piece of
cat furniture. If I win the lotto, I'm getting one of these for the

crew:
http://www.postmodernpets.com/catp_cocoon.htm
I wonder how hard would it be to make one myself.... hmmmmm....

--
Victor M. Martinez

Those really are the absolute coolest. AND ridiculously expensive. What
makes it so ridiculous is that it's basically made of cardboard, and
while the cats would love it, in a month's time it would be a shredded
eyesore. A $250 shredded eyesore.

Sherry

You know, I"m not sure that it would. That is a LOT of cardboard. A REALLY
lot of cardboard. It's probably pretty darned sturdy. Eventually yeah, but I
think it would last a while.

Old March 18th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:

I just found the absolute coolest, most ridiculously expensive piece of
cat furniture. If I win the lotto, I'm getting one of these for the crew:
http://www.postmodernpets.com/catp_cocoon.htm
I wonder how hard would it be to make one myself.... hmmmmm....

If you can figure out how to do it yourself, good luck.
Judging from the "shelf-life" of the corrugated cardboard
scratching trays and gadgets I have, I don't think even
winning the lottery would justify BUYING one!

--
http://NewsGuy.com/overview.htm 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth
Old March 18th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, Lisa Katt penned:

Surely they have got the idea for this cocoon from a wasp's nest?
They are made of cardboard too - chewed by the wasps. And the
shape... Elisabet

What did wasps use before humans invented cardboard?

You've got it backwards - the wasps invented it, humans
adopted it!

--
http://NewsGuy.com/overview.htm 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth
Old March 18th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
I just found the absolute coolest, most ridiculously expensive piece of
cat furniture. If I win the lotto, I'm getting one of these for the crew:
http://www.postmodernpets.com/catp_cocoon.htm
I wonder how hard would it be to make one myself.... hmmmmm....

It looks like the ultimate Tyche Box.

If it were up to Tyche, Mom would add to her toy collection more often,
because Mom has to save up for big, expensive toys that come in big
boxes. It takes more time for Mommy to save than it does for Tyche's
stupid sister to sit on the roof of the box (when Tyche's inside it)
until it's ruined, right Kumani?

--Fil