Two Dentals done....

Old March 28th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Two Dentals done....

Got my two dentals done. YAY!!

I had to kinda fib to get the second one. I said that i had a job
offer at an emergency clinic but if i didn't get the dentals done, i'd
have to pass it up. (and it's half true, without the dentals I can't
do emergency clinics) That got me the chance to do the second dental.
Whew!!

But it's done now, and now i can look for jobs in emergency clinics,
specialty clinics, anything i want now, as long as i get the 480 work
study done. sheesh!

Mayhem is doing fine. No extractions. She weighs a healthy 8 pounds,
though she looks more with all that fluffy fur and aside from
gingivitis everything is fine. She has to take Amoxi drops, or as she
sees it, the icky pink stuff, 2 times a day for a week

I found a few interesting things while i was cleaning her teeth. One,
her first upper premolars on both sides are so small that they are
barely protruding above the gumline. However, i'm told this is
reasonably normal in some cats.

Also, i found that Mayhem is missing a tooth! She's missing one of her
upper incisors, cause i counted them and found 5 instead of 6.
awwww........

Tomorrow will be my last day at this clinic, and my saga in Agoura
Hills will be complete, just 2 weeks shy of my two year mark. Over the
last few days i've been saying goodbye to my coworkers. I'll miss them
a lot, but i'm trying to keep my chin up so i can look to the future.

Thanks for the purrs from everyone.

Kristi

ps. Purrs that I can wrangle Mayhem for another week so she can take
the icky pink stuff

Old March 28th 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

That is excellent news! I"m so glad you got the dentals done. I would have
told that same fib. I hope you find a much better job at an emergency
clinic. Purrs,
--
Britta

ups.com...

Old March 28th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
Got my two dentals done. YAY!!

I had to kinda fib to get the second one. I said that i had a job
offer at an emergency clinic but if i didn't get the dentals done, i'd
have to pass it up. (and it's half true, without the dentals I can't
do emergency clinics) That got me the chance to do the second dental.
Whew!!

But it's done now, and now i can look for jobs in emergency clinics,
specialty clinics, anything i want now, as long as i get the 480 work
study done. sheesh!

Woo Hoo!!!

Mayhem is doing fine. No extractions. She weighs a healthy 8 pounds,
though she looks more with all that fluffy fur and aside from
gingivitis everything is fine. She has to take Amoxi drops, or as she
sees it, the icky pink stuff, 2 times a day for a week

Mmmmmmmmmmmm bubble gum. Last time we had to give that stuff, I was forced
to make a run to the local "quickie mart" for a pack of bubble gum, just to
keep myself sane!

I found a few interesting things while i was cleaning her teeth. One,
her first upper premolars on both sides are so small that they are
barely protruding above the gumline. However, i'm told this is
reasonably normal in some cats.

Also, i found that Mayhem is missing a tooth! She's missing one of
her upper incisors, cause i counted them and found 5 instead of 6.
awwww........

Ouch! is more like it! Our Smokey is missing a LOT of teeth, due to a
dental a few years ago - she has *no* fangs (which makes her look funny) and
only a few of her molars left - but she can *still* eat dry food - can't
keep her out of it!

Tomorrow will be my last day at this clinic, and my saga in Agoura
Hills will be complete, just 2 weeks shy of my two year mark. Over
the last few days i've been saying goodbye to my coworkers. I'll
miss them a lot, but i'm trying to keep my chin up so i can look to
the future.

Thanks for the purrs from everyone.

Kristi

ps. Purrs that I can wrangle Mayhem for another week so she can take
the icky pink stuff

Purrs that you can find the job of your dreams and that Mayhem takes her
meds like a big kitty should!

Old March 28th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kristi, I don't know how you've managed through all your studies! Congrats
on your success and lots of purrs and good luck to you in finding a good
next clinic!
Christine

Old March 28th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:

[...]

I'm so happy for you, Kristi!
Lots of purrs and best wishes for you to find a great new job,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 29th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
Mayhem is doing fine. No extractions. She weighs a healthy 8 pounds,
though she looks more with all that fluffy fur and aside from
gingivitis everything is fine. She has to take Amoxi drops, or as she
sees it, the icky pink stuff, 2 times a day for a week

ps. Purrs that I can wrangle Mayhem for another week so she can take
the icky pink stuff

On a psycho cat, I gave up and just put it into her wet food which the
fat cat ate. whew. not my cat, just taking care of her. poor girl.
stuff made her nauseous/sleepy.

Old March 29th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
Got my two dentals done. YAY!!

Congrats on the dentals. Purrs on the way for a purrfect job to turn up
soon.
--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe