Wish me Luck (OT)

Old October 1st 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Wish me Luck (OT)

I had a pain in the A@@ brother like that once. He died and, I actually
miss him but not his interrupting my life. To say I miss him surprised even
me.
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll
be here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for
him to be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit
as possible.
Jill

Mega purrs on the way. Is this the brother that's caring for Peaches?

Yes. A mutual friend will be taking care of Peaches while he's here for a
few days.

Jill

Old October 1st 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 11:04 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll
be here
around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to
be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as
possible.

Lots of purrs to increase your patience.

Victor, who knows a thing or two about brothers that are hard to deal
with....

I guess I'm lucky. No, I *know* I am. I'm very close to both my
sister and my brother. We live1,200 miles apart, but we each visit
the other a couple of times a year. I just returned from an extended
visit with my sister. She lives about 150 miles from my brother, and
we had some great outings together, and I'm looking forward to the
next visit from him and my sister-in-law. I'm even fortunate with my
extended family. My aunt calls every week, and she is one of my best
friends. I get together for dinner and visiting with her and "the
seven female cousins" every summer when I visit Ohio. I think the
sun was shining on us when our family was established!

MaryL

Things change. My brother and I used to be very close. In fact, we were
roommates for a long time as young adults. We got along great.

Now he's convinced I'm trying to steal his inheritance. (Heh. Like Mom's
a friggin millionaire.) Me, I'm irritated because he hasn't been any
help. We had to change the date of Dad's funeral because it wasn't
convenient for him, for cryin' out loud! I've been trying to tell him for
over a month Mom had started rapidly declining. He doesn't believe me
(doesn't want to believe it, which I understand). He'll see for himself
in an hour or so.

I'd planned to make a broccoli-cheese quiche because I know Mom will eat
it. Oh no, he's going to stop at the store and buy some shrimp or fish and
do a saute with penne pasta, fresh herbs, yada yada yada. Knock yourself
out! She won't eat it. (sigh)

Jill

(((((((Jill)))))))

Joy

Old October 2nd 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

jmcquown wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be
here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him
to be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as
possible.

Jill

"Brother be good" purrs coming your way.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old October 2nd 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Oct 1, 12:04*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be here
around 3PM. *(I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to be
here.) *I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as possible.

Jill

Sounds like you get along with your brother the way I get along with
any
of my brothers. Sorry about that, Jill. Keep a lot of chocolate
nearby
and remember, we're all with you.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old October 3rd 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

purrs for you Jill - dealing with family issues is stressful but I hope
you'll weather it okay!
Christine

Old October 18th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

"jmcquown" wrote in message
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be
here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to
be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as possible.

Jill

Kreisleriana wrote:
Oy! Purrs for a peaceful visit.

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 19th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"polonca12000" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be
here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him
to be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as
possible.

Jill

Kreisleriana wrote: Oy! Purrs for a peaceful visit.

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Which reminds me, how did the visit go? Did your brother behave himself?

Pam S.

Old October 24th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be
here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him
to be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as
possible.

Jill

Kreisleriana wrote: Oy! Purrs for a peaceful visit.

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Which reminds me, how did the visit go? Did your brother behave himself?

You are asking Polonca if her brother behaves here ;-/

Old October 25th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

You are asking Polonca if her brother behaves here ;-/

She has one? No, asking Jill how the visit from her brother went.

Pam S