OT Gas Was 2.88 today

Old October 9th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default OT Gas Was 2.88 today

CatNipped wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message

I never imagined it would EVER take $45 to fill my little red car
though.

Sherry

It takes about sixty British pounds to fill the tank of my small
blue car (or husband's small red car...)

Wow! That's what? About $180US? I guess we in the US have no
business b*tching about our soaring gas prices!

CatNipped

We've never really had reason to bitch about them. When people in
California were bemoaning $4/gallon the folks in Europe had already been
paying over $7 for a couple of years.

Jill

Old October 9th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message

I never imagined it would EVER take $45 to fill my little red car
though.

Sherry

It takes about sixty British pounds to fill the tank of my small
blue car (or husband's small red car...)

Wow! That's what? About $180US? I guess we in the US have no
business b*tching about our soaring gas prices!

CatNipped

We've never really had reason to bitch about them. When people in
California were bemoaning $4/gallon the folks in Europe had already been
paying over $7 for a couple of years.

Jill

It's one reason I am glad that in DH's car I can get 64mpg and in mine,
about 50mpg...

Old October 9th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Christine K" wrote in message
Matthew kirjoitti:
We had gasoline in my area with no limit at $2.88 a gallon today.
Strange how this got a lot people excited. I had to wait 15 minutes in
line. They sold out in 1 1/2 hour. I was able to fill up my truck
today and not go over $100 it cost me $75 today saved $25 bucks

USD 2,88 a gallon with one US gallon at 3,7854 litres makes it EUR 0,556
a litre...about... We pay about EUR 1,39 a litre = USD 7,20 a gallon...
So enjoy those prices for me too!!

I'm paying about £1.23 a litre for diesel. That's roughly EUR1.55 a litre,
so that's even more per US gallon!
Certainly I have a little chuckle when our Stateside friends complain
about the price of fuel ;-)

Me too! My car is petrol driven and at the worst I had to pay
£1.17/litre - 4.5 litres to the UK gallon. It's gradually reduced to £1.05
litre, so still nearly 8 dollars a gallon. It costs me that a day to go
forward and back to work.
cue Adrian to give us the exact UK/USA thingie here
He knows everything about UK/USA exchange money jobbies and I mean that
nicely.
Myself I just get cross about how much it costs me to get to work. It's
only 11 miles, it can take an hour trapped in the traffic and I see my
petrol gauge going down faster than the miles I am driving.

Tweed

Old October 9th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Matthew kirjoitti:
[...]

I find this site very handy for currency conversions.
http://www.xe.com/
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 9th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Me too! My car is petrol driven and at the worst I had to pay
?1.17/litre - 4.5 litres to the UK gallon. It's gradually reduced to ?1.05
litre, so still nearly 8 dollars a gallon. It costs me that a day to go
forward and back to work.
cue Adrian to give us the exact UK/USA thingie here
He knows everything about UK/USA exchange money jobbies and I mean that
nicely.
Myself I just get cross about how much it costs me to get to work. It's
only 11 miles, it can take an hour trapped in the traffic and I see my
petrol gauge going down faster than the miles I am driving.

One of the many good arguments for alternative forms of energy, and better
(*much* better) public transportation.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 9th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

It's one reason I am glad that in DH's car I can get 64mpg and in mine,
about 50mpg...

What cars do you drive? Those numbers are great. My car gets 30 mpg, and
that is considered pretty good around here.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 9th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

It's one reason I am glad that in DH's car I can get 64mpg and in mine,
about 50mpg...

What cars do you drive? Those numbers are great. My car gets 30 mpg, and
that is considered pretty good around here.

--
Joyce ^..^

It is probably a diesel they are very popular over there. Ford is releasing
a pick up diesel truck that gets 45 mph plus but only in Europe

Old October 10th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Matthew wrote:
wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

It's one reason I am glad that in DH's car I can get 64mpg and in
mine, about 50mpg...

What cars do you drive? Those numbers are great. My car gets 30 mpg,
and that is considered pretty good around here.

--
Joyce ^..^

It is probably a diesel they are very popular over there. Ford is
releasing a pick up diesel truck that gets 45 mph plus but only in
Europe

I can't fathom miles per gallon. All I know is that my Corolla at its very
best got about 6.5 litres per 100km with an average of about 8, whilst my
Camry now at its very best does about 8 and averages around 10. Petrol
around these parts is between AUS$1.50 and AUS$1.56 per litre, and the
current exchange rate is around US$1=AUS$0.70.

I'll let someone else do the math.

Yowie

Old October 10th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Yowie kirjoitti:
Matthew wrote:
wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

It's one reason I am glad that in DH's car I can get 64mpg and in
mine, about 50mpg...
What cars do you drive? Those numbers are great. My car gets 30 mpg,
and that is considered pretty good around here.

--
Joyce ^..^

It is probably a diesel they are very popular over there. Ford is
releasing a pick up diesel truck that gets 45 mph plus but only in
Europe

I can't fathom miles per gallon. All I know is that my Corolla at its very
best got about 6.5 litres per 100km with an average of about 8, whilst my
Camry now at its very best does about 8 and averages around 10. Petrol
around these parts is between AUS$1.50 and AUS$1.56 per litre, and the
current exchange rate is around US$1=AUS$0.70.

I'll let someone else do the math.

Yowie

I'm in the dark about miles per gallon too, but my Renault does about
6,5-7,5 litres per 100km according to km's driven when I fill it up and
calculate the ratio and depending on if I've driven more short trips or
longer ones. (it "drinks" less/100km on longer trips)

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

OT - Really down today CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 28 April 27th 08 10:24 PM
Too hot today Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 33 March 15th 06 02:47 AM
TED Today... Mathew Kagis Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 06 04:03 AM
Today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 20 May 7th 05 01:04 PM
Today gracecat Cat anecdotes 52 October 13th 04 02:01 PM