Spicey at night

Old October 20th 14, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat Scratches (WAS: Spicey at night)

On 10/20/2014 8:30 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 14:48:04 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
She most definitely was. There was only one time she scratched me
really badly (she still had her back claws, and a pox on the person who
front declawed her). It was my fault. We were sleeping and she had
rolled over on her back next to me. I was sort of half awake. I
stretched my hand out felt that soft belly fur under my fingers... She
wrapped her front paws around my arm bunny-kicked the underside of my
forearm with her back claws. Ripped me to shreds. That'll sure wake
you up! OUCH! I got up and washed the wounds in hydrogen peroxide.

Ouch! Buster will give me little welts when he bunny kicks me while I'm
wrestling him, but it's clear he can kick a lot harder if he wants.

Here's a pic of my arm a couple of days after she scratched me:

http://i61.tinypic.com/5039u0.jpg

It hurt!

Jill

Old October 20th 14, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Yep, it was painful. She seemed rather contrite afterwards. But hey,
it was my fault. She was sleeping peacefully on her back and I made the
mistake of touching her soft belly fur. Normally she wouldn't mind
belly rubs but I startled her.

Jill
Old October 22nd 14, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Oh, well that's ok then.
Old October 25th 14, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Spicey at night

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:43:34 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
You are so sensitive to her moods. I've always thought, though, that
Spicey's difficulties stem from Suz not being able to handle her at all
for
9 years which made her almost a feral cat living in a house.
KFC was difficult, I've had difficult dogs that no one else would take on
and been successful with, but I'm not sure I'd have kept Spicey if I had
dangle myself off the staircase like you had to to avoid being slashed to
bits.

One thing about Spicey is that you don't necessarily have to be sensitive
to know her moods, because she has physical ways of letting you know her
moods.

I'm not sure I would be up for it. Kitty would slash if she got annoyed but
not enough to make me worry about putting me in hospital. She was a real
grump with a bad temper.
Boyfie is completely different. He has no temper and is always charming
with me.
If I got another cat, I would choose a boy, purely because my girl cat had a
bad temper and my boy cat is kind and gentle.

~~~~~~~~
Personally, I think you are making a mistake to eliminate the idea of female
cats purely because of one girl cat. I have had more than one cat of both
genders, and all of them have been wonderful, loving companions. When I
screamed as I fell from a step ladder, Holly came running and gently licked
my cheek when I could not get up for a few minutes. She would always come
running to me whenever I was in pain. Nikki is my little Velcro Kitty.
Selina is sweet and loving. I can say something similar about every cat I
have ever had. Of course, everyone on this group already knows what an
exceptional and loving boy cat Duffy is.

MaryL

Old October 26th 14, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

In article , MaryL
wrote:

[...]

Yep, I think it's a mistake to eliminate the idea of a girl cat based on
the actions of one. True, I've never had more than one cat, but Persia
(RB) was the sweetest, most loving girl I could ever have hoped for.
She was a total lovebug. My neighbor's boycat, Fedders (RB) was also
very sweet but that mostly had to do with him knowing I was going to
feed him when she was out of town. Schwartzie is also a sweet boy but
he's skittish. So you cannot paint cats with with a single brush based
on gender.

If I ever decide to get another cat, it won't matter to me if the cat is
male or female. It will matter whether or not our personalities mesh.

Of course we all know Duffy is an amazing a wonderful boy. Thank you
so much for rescuing him, Mary!

Jill

Spicey and the 2nd vet Takayuki Cat anecdotes 8 March 8th 13 01:45 PM
Day with Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 5 November 12th 12 05:06 AM
When I first met Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 1 November 7th 12 11:37 PM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM