Wake-up call

Old October 30th 14, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Wake-up call

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message

Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

~~~~~~~~
It would be nice to sleep straight-thru for 6-8 hours, but I always need to
get up a couple of times and head for the bathroom. That's my own body,
though, not the cats. They let me sleep as long as I want (or am able).

MaryL

Old October 30th 14, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message

Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

dgk already said he's up at that time to use the bathroom. It's not as
if he's setting an alarm clock to add some kibble to the bowl at 4AM.

Jill
Old October 31st 14, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 10/30/2014 12:22 PM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

Koala has found a way to wake me up that I haven't seen mentioned here.

Up until now, all the cats I've had have been willing to let me sleep in
the morning. Not Koala. The last couple of mornings he has decided I
should get up about an hour and a half before my usual time. His method
is to use me as a springboard to jump onto the dresser and start nudging
things. He knows he isn't allowed up there, so me makes sure to stand
well out of arm's reach. Yelling at him has no effect. He won't jump
down until I start to get up.

I don't accede to his wish to go out to the kitchen and hand out treats,
though. I use the facilities and then go back to bed. Unfortunately, I
find it very difficult to get back to sleep after being so rudely awakened.

Joy

~~~~~~~~
Fortunately, I have never had that problem. I currently have 3
furbabies. Duffy and Nikki usually sleep with me, but they curl up
beside me and leave me alone until I get up. I know that they sometimes
get up and move around the house, but they don't disturb me. Selina is
someplace in the room (but not on my bed) because she comes running as
soon as I get out of bed. Holly(RB) used to gently lick my cheek when
the alarm went off, but she left me alone until then.

Your "tale" makes a cute story, but I'm glad it isn't mine!

MaryL

Fortunately, my non-response worked. He doesn't do that any more.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old October 31st 14, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message

Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

~~~~~~~~
It would be nice to sleep straight-thru for 6-8 hours, but I always need
to get up a couple of times and head for the bathroom. That's my own
body, though, not the cats. They let me sleep as long as I want (or am
able).

MaryL

I know exactly what you mean. Occasionally I only have to get up once,
but that's rare.

Joy

Old October 31st 14, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message
Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

~~~~~~~~
It would be nice to sleep straight-thru for 6-8 hours, but I always need
to get up a couple of times and head for the bathroom. That's my own
body, though, not the cats. They let me sleep as long as I want (or am
able).

MaryL

I know exactly what you mean. Occasionally I only have to get up once,
but that's rare.

Joy

These days I generally wake at least once in the wee hours (say 5AM) to
use the toilet. Then I go back to bed. I did the same thing when
Persia was with me.

Sleeping straight thru really has nothing to do with dgk giving his cat
Nipsy some dry kibble simply because he gets up to use the bathroom at 4PM.

Jill
Old October 31st 14, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Since i started taking Myerbetric, i don't have to get up during the night, Befoe that i got up at least two times.
Old October 31st 14, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

It's actually not all the time. Sometimes I stagger into the bathroom
at 4am and no one follows me so no food gets put out. Sometimes Nipsy
just likes attention so he'll whine for some food and then pretty much
ignore when it gets put out. But usually he's munching on First
Breakfast when I'm already back in bed.
Old October 31st 14, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 05:19:26 -0700 (PDT), Mike Mayers
wrote:

Since i started taking Myerbetric, i don't have to get up during the night, Befoe that i got up at least two times.

I don't mind getting up around 4am to pee. Then I get to crawl back
into bed knowing that I can sleep for a least two more hours, and I'm
back sleeping. If I didn't get back to sleep, that would be a bigger
issue. I'll keep Myerbetric in mind in case one time becomes two
times.
Old October 31st 14, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:58:51 -0400, jmcquown

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message
Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

dgk already said he's up at that time to use the bathroom. It's not as
if he's setting an alarm clock to add some kibble to the bowl at 4AM.

Jill

Now that really would be a bit over the top. Most of us don't get
enough sleep, but waking up once during the night and getting right
back to sleep isn't a big deal or I'd do something about it. It
wouldn't surprise me to find out that it's even healthy to get up and
move around a bit.

I know that you're supposed to move around at work, that it isn't
healthy to work work work. I often get up and take a walk to the water
cooler or even head outside for a bit. But I'm a computer programmer
so I can pretty much do what I want at work. As long as the work gets
done, no one really cares when or how I do it.
Old October 31st 14, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/31/2014 8:19 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
Since i started taking Myerbetric, i don't have to get up during the night, Befoe that i got up at least two times.

Myerbetriq - I had to look that up. The only reason I need to get up
early in the morning to use the bathroom is because I drink ice water
all day long. I also keep an insulated glass of ice water on the night
stand in case I get thirsty during the night, which is rare. I don't
suffer from a frequent urge to go. So far knock wood I don't have any
medical conditions which require me to take any prescription medications.

Jill