Taking care of the neighbor's cats

Old November 6th 14, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Taking care of the neighbor's cats

They're away on a cruise for 10 days so I get to go over twice a day
to feed and do litterbox doody. And there is a lot of doody since
there are six cats in a small apartment with two litterboxes side by
side. I know all the cats pretty well. Bluebell is a long white haired
boy with two different colored eyes. I'm going to have to brush him
well tonight since I felt the mats already forming.

Gizmo is the boy who gets into trouble all the time. Sort of a
grey-brown mixed color and also quite friendly. Raven is all shiny
black, friendly and the yowler of the group. Callie is naturally a
calico girl, and quite old, pulled in off the street a few years back
so we don't know how old. Friendly but can swat at you if she feels
like it. She can also bite but it won't hurt much since there aren't
many teeth.

Dusty is a huge grey longhaired furball who I never see when I catsit
because he hides the whole time. When I visit and the family is home
he'll watch me from a distance but when they aren't there, neither is
he.

Monquin (cross between a monkey and a penguin I think) is a longhaired
girl beauty who I also won't see. I don't even normally see her when
the family is home but sometimes she'll make an appearance. She's all
black, but has a full mane and those lynx-like tufts of hair that make
her look really exotic. I cut the matts off her when I could still
hold her whole body in one hand. We don't know where she came from but
she was a small kitten that my neighbor just found in our street. No
mother or siblings as far as we ever found out.

That concludes the inside cats. We both also feed the outdoor strays
Baby, Jet, Buddy, and Elmer. It's pretty funny when I put food out for
them in front of my door and then go over to their house and do the
same. It confuses the cats that one person is feeding them in two
places.

Well, that concludes the cat report for today.
Old November 6th 14, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_4_]

On 11/6/2014 8:56 AM, dgk wrote:
[...]

You know, that's quite a kindness. I've fed a few
feral cats. And done dog sitting for some friends.

Years ago, I did a cat care lady, she had probably
50 or so in a chicken wire building out back of her
house. As you say, some were outgoing, and some
hid out of sight. She had several litter pans, which
likely also needed change often.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Old November 10th 14, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 07 Nov 2014 13:39:45 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:
[...]

You've got your hands full there but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. They do
sound nice cats.

Do the outside cats show their surprise when you feed them at the
neighbours house too?

It reminds me of when we sold our house. We only moved over the road and
as we were buying the new house from a builder, it was part exchange, they
allowed us to have the keys before we moved in. That way we could keep an
eye on the house. The surveyor from the building society our buyers were
using came to our house and I was there, obviously, to show him our house.
Then a few days later the surveyor from our building society came to the
new house and I was there too and it was the same surveyor. His face was a
picture.

Judith

I don't think the cats are quite that surprised because I'm often over
there anyway and the neighbors are sometimes at my house so the cats
are used to following us from house to house. Baby is very friendly;
her mom Jet is fairly feral but lets us get very close. Buddy is still
intact and won't approach my steps until I'm inside. Oddly, he comes
closer when I'm feeding at the neighbor's house. And Elmer (white with
dark brown spots) is totally afraid of everyone and bolts if anyone
comes within 20 feet.