biting electrical cords

Old October 16th 03, 01:09 AM
Brett Berrie

Default biting electrical cords

My cat, Trouble, who is 4 years old is still very much like a kitten...I
guess that is due to my own playfulness with her.

One issue I have and that is that she bites my electrical cords - teething
like - she actually bit through my AC adaptor for my new laptop ;-(

What can I do to stop this behavior?

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Old October 16th 03, 01:18 AM
Jon C

Grab a roll of duct tape and have at the cat's head. Won't be biting a damn
thing anymore.

. net...

Old October 16th 03, 04:22 AM
Bill

ink.net...

Brett Berrie wrote:
My cat, Trouble, who is 4 years old is still very much like a kitten...I
guess that is due to my own playfulness with her.

One issue I have and that is that she bites my electrical cords - teething
like - she actually bit through my AC adaptor for my new laptop ;-(

What can I do to stop this behavior?

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

I've heard paprika works, though I never tried it.

Bill

Old October 16th 03, 10:09 AM
Alison

brett Berrie" wrote in message
. net...
My cat, Trouble, who is 4 years old is still very much like a

kitten...I
guess that is due to my own playfulness with her.

One issue I have and that is that she bites my electrical cords -

teething
like - she actually bit through my AC adaptor for my new laptop ;-(

What can I do to stop this behavior?

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Try rubbing eucalyptus (sp) oil on the cord , that is more off
putting for cats than hot spicy things.
Alison

Old October 16th 03, 01:30 PM
PawsForThought

in message
.net...
My cat, Trouble, who is 4 years old is still very much like a

kitten...I
guess that is due to my own playfulness with her.

One issue I have and that is that she bites my electrical cords -

teething
like - she actually bit through my AC adaptor for my new laptop ;-(

What can I do to stop this behavior?

Go to a hardware store and buy some clear plastic tubing, about 1 or more
inches in diameter. Cut a length for as many feet long as the cord is. Then
take an exacto knife and slit the tubing lengthwise. Stuff cords inside.
That's what I did with my cord biter and it worked like a charm.

Good luck,
Lauren
________