Here kitty kitty..... SNATCH!

Old December 28th 04, 09:34 PM
TBird

Default Here kitty kitty..... SNATCH!

I think I've got to steal the neighbors cat.

It's a wee fuzzy thing, with big snarls behind each ear. It hangs out at
our barn, so for a long time I thought it was a wild cat and tried to make
it a barn cat. It usually runs away when we go out there.

I've been trilling to it and mewing back when it mews at me and today it let
me hold it and scritch it and love it and it purr purr purred. Clearly not
a wild cat, eh? But it was FILTHY. And for such a little thing it had big
fur snarls behind each ear and on it's hind end. I spent a good long time
holding it and loving it and it would have stayed there forever had I paid
it attention forever. Too fuzzy and mottled and dirty to identify it as a
boy or a girl. Poor thing.

I think it's coming to the new house with us next summer.....

TBird ---- evil cat thief

Old December 28th 04, 09:51 PM
Katz

TBird wrote:
it let
me hold it and scritch it and love it and it purr purr purred.

Clearly not
a wild cat, eh?

I talked this weekend w/a guy who's *not a cat person* but who got
*sucked into* (LOL) taking in a cat that he knows is feral, b/c he
knows it was born to a feral cat that he was feeding. The very first
time he let it in, w/o previously having tried to touch it but only
feeding it, it joined him in bed, snuggling & purring. So apparently,
some ferals can cope w/people. Has anybody else ever heard a story like
this?

Katz

Old December 28th 04, 10:24 PM
Pat

"Katz" wrote in message
ups.com...
TBird wrote:
it let
me hold it and scritch it and love it and it purr purr purred.

Clearly not
a wild cat, eh?

I talked this weekend w/a guy who's *not a cat person* but who got
*sucked into* (LOL) taking in a cat that he knows is feral, b/c he
knows it was born to a feral cat that he was feeding. The very first
time he let it in, w/o previously having tried to touch it but only
feeding it, it joined him in bed, snuggling & purring. So apparently,
some ferals can cope w/people. Has anybody else ever heard a story like
this?

For sure!

When I lived in Arizona, I once found a scrawny little thing searching
furtively in a dumpster and managed to grab it and take it home. I got the
same treatment.

Old December 29th 04, 12:10 AM
Jo Firey

"Katz" wrote in message
ups.com...
TBird wrote:
it let
me hold it and scritch it and love it and it purr purr purred.

Clearly not
a wild cat, eh?

I talked this weekend w/a guy who's *not a cat person* but who got
*sucked into* (LOL) taking in a cat that he knows is feral, b/c he
knows it was born to a feral cat that he was feeding. The very first
time he let it in, w/o previously having tried to touch it but only
feeding it, it joined him in bed, snuggling & purring. So apparently,
some ferals can cope w/people. Has anybody else ever heard a story like
this?

Katz

Molly is settling in quite well for and 18 month old feral. Still doesn't
want to be held, but she does purr and rub against my legs and talks to us.
And sneaks in at night to sleep behind my knees. Only after she thinks I'm
asleep and only until she knows I'm awake.

Also, thankfully she gets the concept of biting gently.

Jo

Flexible Kitty Fat Freddy Cat anecdotes 38 November 19th 04 06:09 AM
Fisticuffs Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 November 18th 04 12:40 PM
Bad Kitty Day Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 October 24th 04 06:24 PM
Picture of my kitty..... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 04 04:43 PM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM