Why Did I do That?

Old August 4th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Why Did I do That?

pounds head against wall

The last thing I need right now. I rescued a cat. Who is living in
DH's old room while I try to find where he or she belongs.

pounds head against wall

I can't tell the gender. Every time I get close to the rear, s/he
moves. I can't tell the type of cat. I *thought* it was a calico, and
I know they are mostly female, so I *thought* it was a she, but I'm
starting to think s/he *isn't* a calico but is a tabby.

pounds head against wall

Of course I can't let s/he out because I have no idea if the critter has
diseases or germs or whatever. And I sure can't afford to get him/her
tested. So s/he is getting pretty testy locked in that room. And I
feel bad. But what else can I do?

pounds head against wall

This cat has the *weirdest* meow I've ever heard. The night I grabbed
him/her (in this neighborhood, if you see a cat once, you never see it
again, so I act), some idjits were actually sitting on the roof of the
business next door. Right where they could see into my hallway window.
The window between the bathroom and bedroom. The window that has
curtains, but they are very old, and see-through. The window that I go
naked in front of when I am going to take a bath and change clothes.

pounds head against wall

I heard the cat, heard them saying it didn't sound like a cat (it
doesn't -- it sounds more like a baby, maybe). I told them to kindly get
down off that roof and stay out of my yard as well, and got the cat.
Cat goes all hissyspitty at seeing my cats, of course, so I hightail it
up to DH's old room, then to the basement for litterbox supplies, then
to kitchen for food supplies and water supplies.

pounds head against wall and starts feeling dizzy

Found Cat has been posted on Craig's List and Pet FBI. No responses.
Cat is front declawed; maybe back, too, but /she won't let me check. I
got all the burrs out of him/her with one of those round dog combs.
This cat has the most intense green eyes I've ever seen. S/he likes
affection, and when bored, s/he makes that godawful racket so I'll come
in there and pet him/her.

Please pray and purr that someone lost this cat and we connect SOOOOONNNN.

Ginger-lyn
Old August 4th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Ginger-lyn"
[...]

Purrs and prayers lovingly sent your way Ginger-lyn
for the kitty to find it's owners, and for your sanity to return.
You are such a sweetheart and going thru so much.
You are 'always' in my prayers and thoughts.
Love
Kyla .

Old August 4th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My son just bought me a new motorcycle helmet. Maybe a I should loan it to
you until the cat finds its home.

Old August 4th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs on the way. I really wish there was more I could do.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 4th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ginger-lyn wrote:

pounds head against wall

Ouch, Ginger-lyn, please don't do that. I'm already in pain thinking
about your other injuries and aches. Be nice to yourself!!

The last thing I need right now. I rescued a cat. Who is living in
DH's old room while I try to find where he or she belongs.

Purrs for you to find his or her human, SOON, because otherwise we all
know what's going to happen. :-/

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 4th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon

Sounds like it could be a Maine Coon by the way it cries like a
baby??? They are really nice kitties!
Old August 4th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

Purrs that you find the owner or you can rehome him/her. Darn it. I hate
this when this happens!

kili

Old August 4th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and prayers on the way.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 5th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

Don't know about in your area, but here In SC Indiana, one can take a
pet (cat, dog or rabbit) to our shelter just to have it scanned with
their universal microchip scanner (much more expensive than the
brand-specific scanners that TED's normally use) and if it has a chip
you can give your info to the shelter ands they will attempt to contact
the "owner".

I know I have taken several "strays" there to be scanned. Whenever I
bring in a carrier, they always have a look on their face that seems to
say "not another one" (for them to house, feed, vet & rehome) - so I am
quick to explain that it is a stray that wandered to our house, and we
are just having it scanned for a chip, not dropping it off. That
usually brings a sigh of relief from the shelter worker

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 5th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Ginger-lyn wrote:
Please pray and purr that someone lost this cat and we connect SOOOOONNNN.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrr and thank you for having a heart of gold.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he