Crazy Cat in Conn. Ambushes the Avon Lady

Old March 29th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Crazy Cat in Conn. Ambushes the Avon Lady

Crazy Cat in Conn. Ambushes the Avon Lady

FAIRFIELD, Conn., Mar. 28, 2006
(AP) Residents of the neighborhood of Sunset Circle say they have been
terrorized by a crazy cat named Lewis. Lewis for his part has been
uniquely cited, personally issued a restraining order by the town's
animal control officer.

"He looks like Felix the Cat and has six toes on each foot, each with a
long claw," Janet Kettman, a neighbor said Monday. "They are formidable
weapons."

The neighbors said those weapons, along with catlike stealth, have
allowed Lewis to attack at least a half dozen people and ambush the
Avon lady as she was getting out of her car.

Some of those who were bitten and scratched ended up seeking treatment
at area hospitals.

Animal Control Officer Rachel Solveira placed a restraining order on
him. It was the first time such an action was taken against a cat in
Fairfield.

In effect, Lewis is under house arrest, forbidden to leave his home.

Solveira also arrested the cat's owner, Ruth Cisero, charging her with
failing to comply with the restraining order and reckless endangerment.
___

Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com

Old March 29th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Well, it sounds funny, but a determined cat can really
inflict damage - it's just that cats usually avoid strange
humans, unless they are protecting a litter or something.

___

Old March 29th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

" wrote in
oups.com:

Solveira also arrested the cat's owner, Ruth Cisero, charging her with
failing to comply with the restraining order and reckless endangerment.

I should think so.

Chak

--
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men.
Old March 29th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Nomen Nescio wrote:
This is a local story, here. So I've seen some news
footage of this "evil killer cat".
Lewis is a big guy and a very handsome kitty.

He did not look particularly big to me. Why do you say that?
To me a big cat would be 15 to 20 pounds of muscle.
I think the owner said he was 10 pounds which is on the small side for
a male or at least routine or normal. My cat is 11 pounds with 1 pound
of fat or so and I would not call her big, medium, not small, not big.
Actually my cat looks like Lewis and well, handsome is not a word I
would use. Ordinary healthy street cat yes, but handsome?

Lewis is a hunter, and quite good at it. The
neighbors have been complaining about his
skill at sending birds, mice, and rats to the RB.
Lewis has been attacked several times by these
neighbors and has come home sprayed with
glue, and covered with oil. People throw things at him,
and spray him with garden hoses. Even after it was
ordered that Lewis be kept indoors, several
people called animal control and demanded that
he be PTS.

Do you remember where you got the above info? I am curious because I
did not read any of that. I read that his owner said he had been
sprayed with water and once pelted with eggs. If he attacks other cats
and dogs, then they might be spraying him to separate the combatants.
Or to keep the cat from attacking someone working in the garden. Hard
to say which came first.

About the PTS, I read the opposite. There have not been any requests to
have him killed. I gather this is because it is a cul-de-sac and
everyone knows each other. I think they will be inclined to sue and
killing the poor beastie defeats that purpose. Maybe defeats it since
that kind of deflates the issue for future jurors? Don't know about
that legal stuff.

In any case, I am curious why the big discrepancy between what I read
and what you post. You are not sharpening your troll claws and making
this up just for your own fun and amusement? This is serious business,
usenet news groups, so behave or Lewis the attack cat will get you.

In any case, I want to read more about Lewis so if you remember the
URLs and this confounding stuff, post it here and I'll retract my claws.

Old March 29th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Nomen Nescio wrote:
This is a local story, here. So I've seen some news
footage of this "evil killer cat".
Lewis is a big guy and a very handsome kitty.

He did not look particularly big to me. Why do you say that?

Because that's what the owner said. If you're going
to quote me, please keep it in context and don't
paste 2 sentences together from different paragraphs
without indicating that you've done so.

The owner also said that the cat was 10 pounds and looked
as big as a 10 pound cat which is small-medium in the video.
Compared to her other cats, he appeared slightly larger
but nowhere like a "big" cat.

Actually my cat looks like Lewis and well, handsome is not a word I
would use. Ordinary healthy street cat yes, but handsome?

I guess that's kind of subjective. isn't it?

Of course. My cat looks like Lewis but she is cute, not handsome,
with her pink tinged ears.

Do you remember where you got the above info?

Uh, yea. Do you remember reading "So I've seen some news
footage of this "evil killer cat"?
It was a local TV news story. It's getting a bit of coverage
here, since it's a LOCAL story. And, no, I didn't save the
video, I didn't convert it to an mpeg, and I can't post it here.

About the PTS, I read the opposite.

Then if it's in print, you should have no trouble
producing the story.

There have not been any requests to
have him killed.

Oh, I didn't know you worked for the Fairfield
Animal Control. I guess you'd know then.

In any case, I am curious why the big discrepancy between what I read
and what you post.

I dunno. Did you go to public school?

Yes I did, for my early schooling, and then to a private university
which has 20% public monies but is still considered private.

I gather you went to private school for your early training then?

Was it a religious private school or a non-religious private school?

You are not sharpening your troll claws and making
this up just for your own fun and amusement?

Didn't we just go through this s**t a couple of weeks
ago in r.p.c.h+b? If I remember correctly, the story
that I posted there was verified as being true. I posted
a link....and you found independent confirmation.
But for some reason, I can't remember you posting
an apology.

I'll have to see. I guess I did not apologize, if I did not apologize,
because I immediately posted the URL after that, confirming
your story. As you recall, my URL had an actual picture of the
man shot to death by the pregnant woman after he kicked
in her door and had a gun. If you wanted an apology, best
to ask for it then but maybe you were waiting for the next time.

I thought my apology could be assumed by posting the link.
But that's stretching the apologizing a bit.

Do I really have to apologize? I was just asking for confirmation
at that time, not calling you any names. So I apologize for asking
for the URL. Whew. The story sounded far-fetched so I need
to confirm. I usually do that with these types of stories which
deal with violence. Sort of like Roshomon's Gate.

In any case, I want to read more about Lewis so if you remember the
URLs and this confounding stuff, post it here and I'll retract my claws.

I doubt it. I get the feeling that you NEED to prove me wrong
about something....anything, since you came up with egg on
your face the first time.

I don't have high speed internet, so I didn't check the
video for content, but there's a story at

http://fox61.trb.com/news/wtic-news-...ll=wtic-home-1

I don't think it's the story I saw, but you might pick up
up some additional info from it.
Click: Fairfield Attack Cat

Okay, the woman involved talks about glue, so you are correct and
accurately reporting the news and not a troll. Unfortunately there are
other
nomens around so I get confused.

If I cast any aspersions upon you, I APOLOGIZE!

And yes, the woman who has the attack cat talked about others asking
Lewis to be killed and other things not mentioned in the printed media.

I gather the cat has a sense of vengeance but the people he attacked,
were they like the people who squirted him? And he never attacked
before being attacked? I gather he might go after birds in the bird
feeders or other cats and that is why they attacked him. The glue
sounds bad although his fur looked okay. I guess he is of the
persuasion that the best defense is an offense. Poor guy won't get his
day in court. He is sentenced to house arrest permanently without a
chance to testify that he was only acting in self-defense, in a general
kind of way. Not gentle but general.

Poor fellow.

The wounds on the neighbors looked bad but mainly bad from infection
and swelling not bad like a dog would do.

Old March 30th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lewis is in Fairfield Ct. My local, Boston area, news just showed a the
story. He's now at a shelter (looks like a nice one) the shelter person
said he settled down after a day. He looked very energetic, but also
attractive.
Suz&Spicey