Good points and bad points?

Old July 2nd 12, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Good points and bad points?

About your cats, in the kindest possible way?

Boyfriend is a very kind and charming cat. He has no badness in him and
would rather die than scratch or bite me even if I put him into his carrier
to take him to TED, he will fight against it but never hurt me. I love how
if he was outside in the garden and I open the door to let him in, he trills
a greeting and also how he meets my car and when he gets up from snoozing on
his duvet he has his tail up when he comes downstairs and sees me. I like
how tries to to get the ratties that are always after the chicken food and
brings me the little ones but admits he is too scared to get the big ones.
I don't like that he has ruined an arm of my chair by scratching at it when
I refuse to feed him because it is not time. He would be the most massive
cat in the world given the chance. I don't like that he will sometimes go
into the kitchen and let me hear him scratching my kitchen rug because he
thinks he has to insist and I've haven't heard him.
I would like him to be braver about visitors and not disappear into the
hills when the doorbell rings - for his own sake.

Other than that - he's perfect!

Tweed

Old July 3rd 12, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

This sounds like a fun game. I'll play.

Waffles is a sweetheart. He loves to lie on my lap, and will purr if I pet
him or brush him. I don't like the fact that he's sometimes jealous about
the attention I give Pickles, and that he will occasionally make her get
down if she's sitting on my lap. However, he isn't as bad about that as he
used to be.

Pickles is a love. She will run into the living room if she sees me headed
that way, so I can give her skritches. Usually, if I say, "Show me the
tummy" or sometimes even if I don't, she'll roll over so I can rub her
tummy. She will often snuggle in my lap. I don't like the fact that she
will jump down if I brush her for more than about 10 seconds, if I sneeze,
or if the phone rings. It also bothers me that she's claustrophobic, so
that putting her in a carrier to take her to the vet is extremely traumatic
for both of us.

I'm also not happy about all the hair they shed, especially on the carpet.
(They're the first longhairs I've had, and I'm not used to that much hair.)
I wish they wouldn't run and hide whenever anybody comes over. My kids and
some of my friends are real cat lovers, and would be very happy to give them
all the skritches they want.

Joy

Old July 3rd 12, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 16:36:56 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

[...]

Nipsy is a wuss. A big, longhaired, soft pillow of a wuss. Oddly, he
doesn't shed very much and will let me brush him. The only noise he
makes is a whiny meow, which usually means that he's hungry. He's
always hungry.

Marlo is becoming braver in her middle age (9 I think). She eats
everything anyone else leaves behind so I often have to remove food
that other cats might want to eat later. She is the absolute best at
killing waterbugs, after first carefully removing their wings.

Scooter is pretty much all joy. He loves to climb in my lab for long
scritch sessions. He likes to check out what the other cats are
eating, even though they're all eating the same thing. He's not quite
as panicky about visitors as Nipsy and Marlo, who bolt for the hills
when the bell rings. He enjoys his life and tries to have fun as often
as possible.

Espy is the smartest and boldest of the group, and also the biggest
troublemaker. He specializes in knocking things off of shelves,
preferably in the middle of the night. He's seriously addicted to
Temptations and demands them whenever I'm in bed. He talks, I mean
like in whole sentences. He can project his little cat thoughts, like
"treats, treats, treats" slamming into my brain. It takes all my
willpower to resist and I often fail which just encourages him more.
He doesn't like being touched and absolutely hates being brushed. As a
result, I can see the hair jumping off him as he walks down the hall.
He keeps Roomba very busy.

That's the state of the barnyard, unless we're going to include the
outside cats.