Inside a cat's head

Old July 10th 12, 09:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Inside a cat's head

Caliban has learned that the Red Dot greebling comes from the
mouse-shaped thing that lives on Meowmie's desk. He also recognizes the
sound of the key chain attached to it. Every morning, he will paw at it
until I take it up. Then he'll spend some time batting at it in my hand
before he starts looking for the Red Dot on the floor.

I'd love to get inside his head to see what he really thinks is going
on. He obviously knows the red dot comes from the mouse, yet he still
wants to chase the red dot. But he also wants to chase the mouse. And
Meowmie's hand is connected with it all how? He knows I have to pick the
mouse up for the red dot to appear.

All my life I've been wanting to get inside the head of a cat, wishing I
could trade places with them for just one day, in order to really
understand them. I remember trying to copy the cats, even as a very
small child. My first word was probably 'meow.'

--
Marina, Miranda, Caliban and Viktor.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old July 10th 12, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:58:10 +0300, Marina
wrote:

[...]

That's funny. I sometimes play the lasertag game with my brood,
although Cat Dancer is still the favorite. Something they can actually
grab seems better.

I have no idea what my brood thinks about the red dot creature. No
mass, no charge, but it sure can move. They do get frustrated when it
climbs to the ceiling.

I can't figure out how their little brains work. And they're all so
different from each other. I would really like to know how they see.
Sometimes, when they're in the backyard, one or more will be staring
down at some other yard and I have no idea what they're looking at.