Seems I'm always asking for Purrs...

Old February 2nd 05, 07:46 PM
jmcquown

Default Seems I'm always asking for Purrs...

Sorry, but here we go again. Tomorrow at 12:30 I have an appointment set up
by the Social Security Disability folks for a medical exam. They called
last week and told me to expect the paperwork in the mail. I got the
paperwork and was mildly surprised to find the exam is not for my IBS or
depression - it's for arthritis. Now, I never claimed to have clinically
diagnosed arthritis. But I mentioned to the local case worker I take
aspirin a couple of times a day due to aches in my arms. She apparently
noted this in my paperwork before sending it off to the state capitol. I
reiterated to the new case worker in Nashville I have NOT been diagnosed
with arthritis. But she's sending me off tomorrow to get X-rays to
determine whether or not I have arthritis. (I don't know; maybe it's just
normal to have your arms ache when you're middle aged.)

I can only surmise (probably a bad idea) they took the medical records my
regular doctor sent at face value since they (so far) aren't sending me to
anyone to evaluate those claims. Oh, and I got a travel voucher; they
calculated the mileage and will reimburse me $11.20 USD after I see the
doctor.

Anyway, any spare purrs for my visit tomorrow would be appreciated.

OB Cats: Persia successfully killed another paper bag this morning. It was
apparently full of greeblings

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old February 2nd 05, 07:54 PM
Holly

Purrs from my crew that everything turns out in your favor.
Holly, Pheniox, Sasha and Isabella (who has finally been accepted)

Old February 2nd 05, 08:13 PM
Jo Firey

Problems in your neck could very well make your arms hurt. And if you have
IBS it might be that you have other autoimmune problems such as some form of
Inflammatory arthritis.

This won't necessarily be the only exam they send you for. I had two. One
for depression and another for arthritis. Deaf they took my word (or my
doctors word) for.

They will sometimes approve disability for a combination of problems where
they would not for any one problem by itself. They also look into your
occupation, your work history and consider your age.

Jo

.. .

Old February 2nd 05, 08:28 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-02, jmcquown penned:
[...]

What a confusing process. I hope all goes well.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old February 2nd 05, 08:30 PM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
Problems in your neck could very well make your arms hurt. And if
you have IBS it might be that you have other autoimmune problems such
as some form of Inflammatory arthritis.

I've had pains in my left neck & shoulder which I initially attributed to
sleeping in a weird position. But I surely can't be sleeping that way all
the time? Heat helps with it; those Thermacare patches are nice. I've also
(lately) had pressure in my chest. It is my understanding heart related
problems in women often manifest themselves in neck & shoulder pain - oh
joy.

John is very worried about this; he had bypass surgery last year and is
upset to hear about my feeling pressure in my chest and pain in my arms and
shoulder. What's a body to do? I'm under a lot of stress; bills due and no
income or good job prospects. (sigh)

This won't necessarily be the only exam they send you for. I had
two. One for depression and another for arthritis. Deaf they took
my word (or my doctors word) for.

I'm sure they'll send me for another. But when I filed (back in October)
the notification on the web site indicated they would have to make a
determination by 3/5. So they are running out of time... or I am.

They will sometimes approve disability for a combination of problems
where they would not for any one problem by itself. They also look
into your occupation, your work history and consider your age.

Jo

.. .

Old February 2nd 05, 09:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:46:46 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Sorry, but here we go again.

(snip)

But you got 'em prrrrrrrrrrr.

Theresa

Old February 2nd 05, 09:50 PM
CatNipped

Purrs that all the red tape gets taken care of smoothly and quickly and that
you start getting benefits soon.

Hugs,

CatNipped

.. .

Old February 2nd 05, 10:07 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-02, jmcquown penned:
Jo Firey wrote:
Problems in your neck could very well make your arms hurt. And if you have
IBS it might be that you have other autoimmune problems such as some form
of Inflammatory arthritis.

I've had pains in my left neck & shoulder which I initially attributed to
sleeping in a weird position. But I surely can't be sleeping that way all
the time? Heat helps with it; those Thermacare patches are nice. I've also
(lately) had pressure in my chest. It is my understanding heart related
problems in women often manifest themselves in neck & shoulder pain - oh
joy.

I have posture problems, and my chiro recommended one of those weird memory
foam pillows for me. My lower back hurt the first few nights, but since then
I'm pretty happy with it. It encourages my neck to curve properly
(apparently, I somehow developed the habit of keeping my neck straight, so my
spine curves too much to accomodate). Anyway, the reason I mention this is,
whether I sleep on my side or my back, the pillow seems to discourage really
bizarre sleeping positions. Maybe something like this could help? I hate to
suggest it, as it costs money and I have no idea if it would actually help.