I AM SO STRESSED

Old March 24th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I AM SO STRESSED

OK, on top of all the mystery pain SH*T, monday my laptop died in the
middle of a raging blizzard with a class waiting for me. I went into
the raging blizzard to my "day job" office 1/2 mile away and was lucky
to make it back. I had to buy a new iBook Tuesday. I had my CT scan
this a.m. and I suppose it will be MONDAY before I hear anything. And
tonight Sugar threw up a hairball, OK, fine no big deal. Two hours
later she began meowing manically and growled when I picked her up from
hiding under the bed. I rushed her to the emergency vet and her blood
work showed the same thing as back in January suggesting she was
mounting some kind of infection. They gave her a shot of baytril to see
if we can get a head start on it. She is home, looking miserable but at
least she is looking miserable on the couch and not under the bed. I AM
SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people
probably have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

Old March 24th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote
SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people probably
have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

One thing that has really helped me is remembering that this earthly life,
real as it often seems to us, is in fact quite ephemeral. It might even be a
test or an exercise for us to learn how to 'rise above it all'.

Old March 24th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

(((((Karen))))) I know the feeling. Usually i ring up and whinge to a friend
or my mum, or here!!! Hope you are feeling a bit better. That is a very bad
day indeed. Kick back, and have a long hot bath, light some candles and read
your favourite book. Turn everything, phone, etc off for a half hour. Just
sit back and cuddle your furbabies. I hope you feel better soon...

Old March 24th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
snipped

I AM
SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people
probably have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

Call my sister and whine. Do you have a sister? If not, I'm sure we can
find you a bunch of surrogate sisters right here on this group.

I"m so sorry, Karen. Sugar will get better, just like she did last
time, and so will you. Be good to yourself. Don't take on anything
"extra"...just do what you absolutely need to, to get by, until things
level out.

Still purring for you...

Sherry

Old March 24th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
[...]

You've certainly had a bad week, Karen. Lots of purrs and hugs on the
way. I don't have any advice on how to handle things. Make sure to
cuddle with the cats a lot. Wish I could lend you Caliban for a while.
He's a very good stress-reliever. In Finland we have something called
Sisu; it's a mixture of chutzpah (sp?), tenacity (= stubborness),
courage and plain refusal to give up. I wish you lots of Sisu to get you
over this stretch of badness. And purrs for Sugar to feel better.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 24th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

I had my CT scan this a.m. and I suppose it will be MONDAY before I
hear anything.

Oh, I hope you hear tomorrow! I know how long the weekend will seem if
you don't. Are you still experiencing pain, btw?

And tonight Sugar threw up a hairball...
later she began meowing manically...
I rushed her to the emergency vet and her blood
work showed the same thing as back in January suggesting she was
mounting some kind of infection. They gave her a shot of baytril to see
if we can get a head start on it. She is home, looking miserable but at
least she is looking miserable on the couch and not under the bed.

Purrs for her to get better quickly! At least this time she got the
shot early on, so maybe the infection won't have a chance to take hold.

But you sure don't need all this! And having to buy a new computer on
top of all that.

More purrs for your CT scan to give you the all clear!

Joyce
Old March 24th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-23 22:48:04 -0600, said:

Karen wrote:

I had my CT scan this a.m. and I suppose it will be MONDAY before I
hear anything.

Oh, I hope you hear tomorrow! I know how long the weekend will seem if
you don't. Are you still experiencing pain, btw?

Yup. Not as bad, but still pretty annoying. I will say that I think
stress exacerbates it. I caved and took one of the pain pills tonight.
The chick at the hospital says it takes 3 days, so the earliest I can
hope is Monday but I will call the Drs tomorrow and let them know I am
EXPECTING a call from them on Monday at the latest.

And tonight Sugar threw up a hairball...
later she began meowing manically...
I rushed her to the emergency vet and her blood work showed the

same thing as back in January suggesting she was mounting some kind
of infection. They gave her a shot of baytril to see if we can get a
head start on it. She is home, looking miserable but at least she is
looking miserable on the couch and not under the bed.

Purrs for her to get better quickly! At least this time she got the
shot early on, so maybe the infection won't have a chance to take hold.

She sat looking *utterly* miserable for an hour but then she started
cleaning herself! It was worth the emergency vet trip just to get her
to that state. I think it will really help to have gotten something in
her right now.

Old March 24th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Loads of purrs from us, Karen. I hope things start looking up for you soon!
Your poor nerves. Unfortunately, I have no great cures for relieving stress
but I like Marina's Finnish word. I was under a lot of stress last fall re
my mom's issues and I found that taking a homeopathic remedy called Calms
Forte (by Hyland) in the health store that seemed to help take the edge off
my tendency to panic without any side effects; it's along the same idea as
Rescue Remedy and I heard about the Calms Forte like I did the Rescue
Remedy -- from a cat rescue person. I also talked to my friends as well as
a counselor. I also tried to take a break from as many obligations/outside
extracurricular activities as I was able to. And I tried to do little
things for myself like take lavender bubble baths. Hope this helps.

Please know we're thinking of you!
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old March 24th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:40:16 -0600, Karen wrote:

[...]

You probably would handle it better if you felt well. As it is, it it
just one misery piling on top of another. And on top of it, bad weather.
Purrs that your problems will shortly be solved and that the sun will
shine upon you. MLB
Old March 24th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen:

Big hugs to you now. We're all sending purrs that both you and Sugar are
feeling better ASAP. Sometimes I have to remind myself to take big
breaths - just to simply breathe - when things get crappy. I really hope
that you feel better right away and that the rpca purr chain helps you out.

Susan M
Otis and Chester