I Need a Plan "B"

Old March 27th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I Need a Plan "B"

Mischief wrote:
"Armadillos apparently can jump flat-footed five feet
in the air."

They can? Wow, i didn't know that

All those bent front ends on pickup trucks in Texas are the result of
jumping armadillos.

Jill

Old March 27th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 27 Mar 2006 19:31:30 GMT, Chakolate
yodeled:

wrote in news:1143438717.978091.248040
:

Because "Plan A" was a miserable failure.

snip delightful story

I have absolutely no experience of armadilloes, but I googled 'how to
catch an armadillo' (without the quote marks) and came up with a slew of
hits. Apparently, if you know what you're doing, it's easy. At least
according to a couple of those sites. One suggested the bait should be a
ball of earthworms hung up in a stocking, placed in a raccoon trap.

This guy speaks from personal experience:
http://ufinsect.ifas.ufl.edu/armadillo.htm

If you do make another attempt, please tell us all about it.

Chak

And have somebody with a video camera on hand.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 27th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

How exciting to have wild armadillo in your yard! I wish I had one.
thought they were native to South America? Alison

LOL I feel the same way about 'wild hedgehogs' that some of you folks
over in England have!

PatM

Old March 27th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I confess the name always gives me a flash image of a steel-plated
pickle.
Old March 28th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Alison" wrote in message
oups.com...
Because "Plan A" was a miserable failure.

Armadillos aren't a new thing around here, we have them pretty often.
But I now have a young one that is completely destroying the yard. DH
is plenty upset but respects my "live and let live" attitude toward
wildlife and doesn't even mention killing it. But he did say it has to
go. I've been chasing it out of the yard, thinking it will "learn" to
stay outside the fence. First lesson was, "armadillos don't learn."
Sherry.

How exciting to have wild armadillo in your yard! I wish I had one. I
thought they were native to South America?
Alison

Sold! You can have mine. In fact, I'll pay you to take them.

MaryL

Old March 28th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

OMG I have been LMAO at this thread!! And I thought australian animals were
weird!! Those things actually jump??? (Imagining armour clad armadillos
attacking karate style, complete with ninja headbands)

oups.com...

Old March 28th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote in
:

I confess the name always gives me a flash image of a steel-plated
pickle.

Yup - an 'armor-a-dillo'.

Chak

--
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men.
Old March 28th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Steel-plated pickle? LOL!

That was a good one.

Rhonda

Old March 28th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:04:38 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"Alison" wrote in message
oups.com...
Because "Plan A" was a miserable failure.

Armadillos aren't a new thing around here, we have them pretty often.
But I now have a young one that is completely destroying the yard. DH
is plenty upset but respects my "live and let live" attitude toward
wildlife and doesn't even mention killing it. But he did say it has to
go. I've been chasing it out of the yard, thinking it will "learn" to
stay outside the fence. First lesson was, "armadillos don't learn."
Sherry.

How exciting to have wild armadillo in your yard! I wish I had one. I
thought they were native to South America?
Alison

Sold! You can have mine. In fact, I'll pay you to take them.

MaryL

Mine too! Speaking of South America, I believe there is a variety of
'dillo there the size of a small VW!!! Exciting is not "quite" the
word I would use, though!!