Midnight Snacks & Pooing

Old February 27th 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kyoko 8

Default Midnight Snacks & Pooing

Hi, everyone, I am a newcomer from Japan. My 6-month old shorthair is
not fixed yet but will pretty soon, and he is having this tenacious
habit of getting up in the middle of the night to snack on feeder and
then gives me this smelly poo souvenir. Since he is shifting into the
6th months and will be fixed and all, I guess that he will tone down a
bit but if anybody is experienced with kittens, please let me know
whether or not it is normal. I used to have a very good cat for 18
years before him and he was not that wild.

:-) I shall be waiting for your inputs, guys!

Meow!
Old February 27th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catlover Medway via CatKB.com

Hi, cats are most active at night (although more particularly at dusk and
dawn) and they'll eat most often then. Where is your cat depositing his poo,
presumably not in his littertray? I'd suggest two trays in different areas
(some cats don't like to urinate and defecate in the same tray) and perhaps
look at the litter. When your cat defecates, he'll need to press down hard
with his paws and if the litter is hard, such as wood pellets, that may be
uncomfortable for him.

http://www.wizz-catz.co.uk/catlitter.html

I presume the poo is normal, not loose or runny?

Old February 28th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kyoko 8

Hey, Catlover, thanks for the input.
My kittie has a littertray available for him and he religiously uses
that for his pees and poos. Problem is that I have to locate that to
close to my room because my Vet says that a kitten is not strong
enough to hold off defecation after eating something. Eating
something stimulates him to go to bathroom. Kittens do remember the
littertray location at where it was at the first time, so I cannot
move it around. Actually I would like to move it afar from my room,
so I can sleep well in the midnight but it makes me feel like I am not
taking a good care of the kitten because he is playful in the middle
of the night like you and I know.
Ugh, it stinks.
Food is going to be available with the auto feeder if it gets too much
for me to handle in the middle of night, but the poopers need fixing
by the owner. ...Sigh.
Old February 28th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kyoko 8

Oh, in addition to the above reply, his poops are normal. Thanks. ;-)
Old September 10th 13, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Hi,
5 Foods for midnight :
1. Yogurt and Berries
2. Healthy milk shakes.
3. Popcorn
4. Turkey Sand witch
5. Diner option

Source : http://www.leanonlife.com/5-safe-foo...idnight-snack/
Old September 10th 13, 11:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

Wrong!
Answers a mice, rats, moths, cockroaches, cicadas, anoles and spiders.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old September 11th 13, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

On 9/10/2013 4:42 AM, wrote:
Hi,
5 Foods for midnight :
1. Yogurt and Berries
2. Healthy milk shakes.
3. Popcorn
4. Turkey Sand witch
5. Diner option

Source :
http://www.leanonlife.com/5-safe-foo...idnight-snack/

Are you guys talking about cats or people?