I need help with what to do ...

Old June 25th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Krystina

Default I need help with what to do ...

I have a 'one' person rescued Russian Blue who lives indoor/outdoor
with me. She has been with me for aprx 12 years and she was 2-ish when
she came into my life.

For the past 18 months I have been visiting, feeding and playing with
a VERY SPECIAL 'homeless' (NOT Feral), kitty at a local gas station.
Apparently she has been coming around for 8+ years. I guess she may be
around 10y/o.
She has been behaving in a... 'dont leave me' kind of way lately. It
breaks my heart because I wish I could bring her home with me.

Does anyone out there have any ideas, questions, etc for me?

God knows... I sure would appreciate some help.

Regards,
K--
Old June 25th 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
S.Smith

"Krystina" wrote in message
I have a 'one' person rescued Russian Blue who lives indoor/outdoor
with me. She has been with me for aprx 12 years and she was 2-ish when
she came into my life.

For the past 18 months I have been visiting, feeding and playing with
a VERY SPECIAL 'homeless' (NOT Feral), kitty at a local gas station.
Apparently she has been coming around for 8+ years. I guess she may be
around 10y/o.
She has been behaving in a... 'dont leave me' kind of way lately. It
breaks my heart because I wish I could bring her home with me.

Does anyone out there have any ideas, questions, etc for me?

God knows... I sure would appreciate some help.

Regards,
K--

I would go ahead and bring the cat home. I would keep them in sep. rooms
till they can get used to the scent of eachother. Also have the new cat
checked out by your vet. Both deserve a good home. You might be surprized.
Both females? I know it takes a little time with two males. Maybe it would
be easier with females. Good Luck.
Petey and Paloma's Mom

Old July 19th 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
grim leaper

"S.Smith" wrote in message

"Krystina" wrote in message
[...]

I was at the vet's just last week getting one of the furballs shots up to
date..
saw that they had a quick [more or less instant] test for Feline leukemia
virus
and Feline Immune deficiency virus. . great idea..don't know anything
about
how accurate it is..
always my biggest fear about "helping out" another stray kitty is the
possibility
it might be carrying lethal easily transmitted diseases.

Old August 8th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
richard f way

Krystina wrote:
I have a 'one' person rescued Russian Blue who lives indoor/outdoor
with me. She has been with me for aprx 12 years and she was 2-ish when
she came into my life.

For the past 18 months I have been visiting, feeding and playing with
a VERY SPECIAL 'homeless' (NOT Feral), kitty at a local gas station.
Apparently she has been coming around for 8+ years. I guess she may be
around 10y/o.
She has been behaving in a... 'dont leave me' kind of way lately. It
breaks my heart because I wish I could bring her home with me.

Does anyone out there have any ideas, questions, etc for me?

God knows... I sure would appreciate some help.

Regards,
K--

If you haven't already decided, try to bring her home. If cats can be
somewhat separate, it may work out. They might even like each other -
some cats get more social with age. If not, foster the newbie until you
can get her a home.

Rich