Goodbye Sweet Mimi (RB)

Old May 16th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default Goodbye Sweet Mimi (RB)

Hi Guys,
I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
July.

She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.

She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.

Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!

-L.
(Lyn)

Old May 16th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:46:19 -0700 (PDT), "-L."
wrote:

[...]

So sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate to how difficult the
process is but please know you are not alone.

Old May 16th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry, Lyn. that is a long time to love a cat. She could not have
had a better home or a better life, I have no doubt. I know this is
heartbreaking, and I know you will always miss her. She was lucky
to have you.

Old May 16th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Lyn,
I am so sorry to hear about Mimi. It is never easy losing a furbaby. I
share your tears.

Sue

Old May 16th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda[_3_]

-L. wrote:
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
July.

I'm sorry it was time for Mimi to leave, Lyn. The fact that she reached
out her paw was enough to rip your heart out. She sounded like a very
sweet cat.

Take care,

Rhonda

Old May 16th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "-L." :

Sorry for your loss.

She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.

Forever youthful, frolicking until she sees you again.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old May 16th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

On May 15, 6:40 pm,

Lyn, I know you've been dreading this. I'm so sorry. I remember
when I had to say goodbye to my first cat that I had living on my
own - Marley. He was with me through so much of my life and it was
really painful to say goodbye.

Without Pee and Mimi you don't have any cats now do you? I have 2
mice now along with my 4 cats. Marley and Shadow will always be in
my heart no matter how many pets I have after them. Again, I'm so
sorry for your loss. hugs

Thanks, guys. The fact that she was so bad off made it easier, and
I'm glad this was an "episode" instead of a long, drawn-out illness
where she really suffered. The pet sitter remarked last week at how
wonderful she was doing, in fact. Her poor little body just gave out.

Yeah, I am kittiless now. It seems so weird to even write that. DH
is allergic, so unless we move to an area where I can have outdoor
kitties safely, I don't think we will be getting another. We're down
to one doggie now (along with one snake and the turtle), and she's
going to be pretty lonely. There may be a puppy in our future, but
not until J is in school full-time, for sure.

Again, thanks for your kinds words.

-L.

Old May 16th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

I'm so sorry to hear that, Lyn. Our thoughts are with you and please let my
offer my sincere condolences.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 16th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

So sorry for your loss. She is lucky to have found you and you enjoyed
17 happy years together. She will be waiting at Rainbow Bridge. . .
Old May 16th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On May 15, 5:46*pm, "-L." wrote:
[...]

Lyn, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's a long time to have someone
in your life. How sweet that she reached her paw out.

Candace