Cat "bath wipes"

Old December 20th 03, 12:21 AM
jmcquown

Default Cat "bath wipes"

NOTE: Persia is doing much better, thanks for everyone's suggestions and
purrs!

In the winter time, Persia gets a lot of dandruff on her hindquarters. I
brush her frequently; she adores being brushed. Just the sight of it makes
her run and jump up in my lap

I got some "bath wipes" made for cats. When she was obviously feeling much
better earlier this week (playing with toys and such) I decided to give one
a try. First I let her sniff it so she wouldn't freak out. (Did I ever
tell you the story of my white gloves? No? Ask, I'll post it )

Then I started stroking her with the bath wipe, both with and against the
fur. I guess to her it just felt like a nice rub-down. It did not leave a
residue on her and she was completely dry in just a minute or two. Lo! and
Behold! No dandruff! And she smelled even sweeter than she normall does,
even though the bath wipes are unscented.

Anyone else ever try these things? If so, what are your experiences?

Jill

Old December 20th 03, 12:40 AM
Brenda

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

when Bunter became really ill and stopped grooming himself, it became my job
to keep him clean. The pet wipes worked great on him - and we both liked
the way he smelled afterwards.
Brenda

Old December 20th 03, 01:53 AM
Cheryl

jmcquown wrote in on 19 Dec
2003:

In the winter time, Persia gets a lot of dandruff on her hindquarters.
I brush her frequently; she adores being brushed. Just the sight of
it makes her run and jump up in my lap

I got some "bath wipes" made for cats. When she was obviously feeling
much better earlier this week (playing with toys and such) I decided
to give one a try. First I let her sniff it so she wouldn't freak
out. (Did I ever tell you the story of my white gloves? No? Ask,
I'll post it )

Yes, tell it. Glad she is feeling better.

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller
Old December 20th 03, 05:12 PM
Bob M

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Do you remember the name of them? My Psycho has the same problem. IN
fact she lost some hair on her back by her tail this fall because of dry
skin. I'm sure she would love them. Also is Persia one of those cats
that must smell everything first? I've had Psycho for 11 years and she
still must sniff my hand before I can pet her.

Bob
Old December 20th 03, 08:42 PM
Dan Mahoney

Do you remember the name of them? My Psycho has the same problem. IN
fact she lost some hair on her back by her tail this fall because of dry
skin. I'm sure she would love them. Also is Persia one of those cats
that must smell everything first? I've had Psycho for 11 years and she
still must sniff my hand before I can pet her.

I don't recall the name, but they're available from all of the major pet
stores.

Back when my brother was working on adopting the late Mr. Grey, he had a
very powerful odor about him. He was a beautiful, very snuggly cat, but
he smelled *so* very bad! There's no way he'd settle for taking a bath,
so I brought him a package of kitty bath wipes. Mr. Grey didn't mind
them, and they made him smell a whole bunch better.

Old December 21st 03, 08:48 AM
jmcquown

Bob M wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

They are called Perfect Coat bath wipes; ordered them from
www.drsfostersmith.com

No, Persia doesn't have to sniff everything, but I thought since she'd been
ill it would be a good idea to let her smell them first. She got a bit
freaky since when she thought I was going to just pet her I wound up
sticking a medicine dropper in her mouth!

Jill

Old December 21st 03, 09:13 AM
LOL

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...
[...]

Ooooh, I'm glad you posted about these! I am going to get some for
DH's office cat, Ozzy, who is the *dirtiest* cat I've ever known.
Maybe the next time I pet him, my hands won't be black when I'm
finished. ;-)

I'm glad to read that Persia is feeling better - please give her a
scritch for me.

------
Krista

My Bath Gizela Cat anecdotes 2 December 18th 03 08:17 AM
Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW, maybe GW) Victor M. Martinez Cat anecdotes 22 August 25th 03 01:29 AM
Vera & Lola Bath Night......... Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 August 12th 03 01:01 PM