Buffy and I are Fine

Old October 13th 16, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy and I are Fine

Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
and I are fine, thanks!

The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.

Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
much glued herself right next to me in bed.

She also wondered the next night why we were sitting around with an oil
lamp on the table. Well, not specifically but... um, something is
different.

Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps). They do actually shed much
more light in a room than battery operated LED lanterns.

The rain was blown ahead of the storm. No flooding, no storm surges.
Thankfully!

Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
is left of it:

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/loc...107390312.html

Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
cats fared?

I got my internet connection back around noon today.

Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
I hope they were able to find shelter.

Jill

Old October 14th 16, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_7_]

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:49:16 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
and I are fine, thanks!

Yay

[...]

Glad you and Buffy got through it all okay.
Old October 14th 16, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
and I are fine, thanks!

I'm glad you guys are OK!

The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
word. It was soughing through the trees.

This being the English language, I have no idea how to pronounce that.
Does it rhyme with tough, cough, through, thought, or bough?

Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
much glued herself right next to me in bed.

Aww. Good thing you had each other.

Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps).

That's good preparation! Nothing ironic about that.

Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
is left of it:

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/loc...107390312.html

Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
cats fared?

They are all fine. (I've always thought dgk was female! )

Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
I hope they were able to find shelter.

Purrs...

Joyce

--
- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
Old October 14th 16, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/loc...t-news/article
107390312.html

Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
cats fared?

I got my internet connection back around noon today.

Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did
know. I hope they were able to find shelter.

Jill

Hi Jill! So glad to hear that. I got word later that someone got
through to tell us you and Buffy were ok.

Old October 14th 16, 08:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 10/13/2016 5:49 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
and I are fine, thanks!

The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.

snip

Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
I hope they were able to find shelter.

Jill

Welcome back, Jill! I'm glad you and Buffy came through the storm
untouched, even though it was scary. I had a friend who went through
one of the major hurricanes in Houston several years ago. She and her
dog sat in her bathtub, and she said she could actually feel the change
in barometric pressure--and said she would never sit through another
one. It sounds like you fared much better.

I hope the feral cats are alright.

MaryL

Old October 15th 16, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6:49:19 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear you and Buffy are fine. Have been thinking and worrying about you.

Winnie
Old October 17th 16, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

We're fine also. Just some wind and rain, and not much rain at that.
But it was just luck. It could have been very bad.
Old October 17th 16, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Glad to hear you and the kitty are fine! God bless.

lrulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.
-------

Her iz doink fine Granby Cat community 5 November 17th 09 08:41 PM
One month and doing fine Matthew Cat anecdotes 1 September 5th 06 04:11 PM
One month and doing fine Matthew Cat health & behaviour 2 September 5th 06 07:04 AM
Trouble is fine Mogget Cat anecdotes 5 August 2nd 05 07:17 PM
Cats were fine and now they're not... Leia Graf via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 4 January 20th 05 06:55 PM