Bah!

Old December 24th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Bah!

The Christmas "spirits" around here have evidently been nipping at the
eggnog and are running around playing pranks.

There is a very large roast of beef in my refrigerator. And yes I'm
grateful to have a large roast and enough family to enjoy it. Even if none
of they can seem to agree on a time to eat that will suit even most of the.

This morning after using the oven to fix some bacon, it started beeping. If
you pressed clear/off it would stop for a minute and then start again.
After a while the electronic number read F7. Press off and it would quit
for a minute. Once in a while other things would light up, but none of the
usual buttons would work.

Went on line (note: my dsl is still acting like a 1990 modem) to look up the
model and learned to turn it off for an hour. Also read a trouble shooting
report to "unplug" it. That involved a circuit breaker and also disabling
the microwave. An hour later turned it back on. Back to beeping and F7.
Website indicated this probably means the whole keypad needs replaced.
Sunday/Christmas eve, even having a next door neighbor who repairs
appliances is no help. He's gone Christmas shopping. And I doubt the part
can be obtained in less than a week. I will probably also cost nearly as
much as a new oven.

Now I was all done getting ready for Christmas yesterday. Except for
cleaning up the house, paying bills, and cleaning up my office/the living
room. I even got up extra early and had made a good start.

We decide to go out and buy an electric roaster. This involves three
stores, each of which Charlie wanders through at his leisure. Two hours
later, we are home with two roasters, one of which I planned to return on
Tuesday.

We get in the house and the oven is no longer beeping. In fact it seems to
be working just fine. Wish I could say the same for me.

Somewhere Santa's elves are having a great laugh at my expense.

Jo

Old December 24th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:14:03 +0000, Jo Firey wrote:

[...]

It is the unseen beings who come in from another dimension to plague us
humans. Have you noticed they hide things too? Best wishes for a
good dinner. MLB

Old December 25th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

No no no, the people who hide thigns are house elves. House elves take stuff
( the phone, remote cotnrols and keys seem to be thir favourites) but give
it back eventually. And what they are doing is making sure that you stay
able to laugh at yourself. If you laugh at yourself, they ensure your house
is one of laughter, is one of love, one of safety, it is a *home*.

Youcan yell and scream at the hosue elves to bring stuff back earlier than
schedule, and htey will, but then they sulk, and things don't go well for a
while.

its best not to annoy the hosue elves, they really do look after the palce.

Yowie

Old December 25th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. net...
The Christmas "spirits" around here have evidently been nipping at the
eggnog and are running around playing pranks.

There is a very large roast of beef in my refrigerator. And yes I'm
grateful to have a large roast and enough family to enjoy it. Even if
none of they can seem to agree on a time to eat that will suit even most
of the.

I'll trade you one frozen football (Cook from frozen preformed Turkey
Product - Butterball) for your delicious BEEF. It seems we must have frozen
bird, because it's tradition.

This morning after using the oven to fix some bacon, it started beeping.
If you pressed clear/off it would stop for a minute and then start again.
After a while the electronic number read F7. Press off and it would quit
for a minute. Once in a while other things would light up, but none of
the usual buttons would work.

Is it a Maytag by any chance? We went through something similar, they
replaced the door sensor twice and finally the electronic display. We won't
buy Maytag again, the fridge is also a POS.

Old December 25th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Its GE. The whole electronic pad would need replaced. It spent at least
three hours yesterday beeping. If we turn off the circuit breaker we lose
the microwave too.

For now it is silent. Tomorrow we will look for a replacement. Two hundred
dollars plus labor is too much to invest in a seven year old oven. But
seven years is also too soon to expect to have to replace the da#m thing.
Just be grateful we can. I know.

Jo

Old December 26th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:36:54 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

Its GE. The whole electronic pad would need replaced. It spent at least
three hours yesterday beeping. If we turn off the circuit breaker we lose
the microwave too.

For now it is silent. Tomorrow we will look for a replacement. Two hundred
dollars plus labor is too much to invest in a seven year old oven. But
seven years is also too soon to expect to have to replace the da#m thing.
Just be grateful we can. I know.

Jo,

I just did a quick search on 'GE oven F7." It looks to be a common
problem. Have you read this?
http://forums.treemedia.com/fb/archi...php/t-257.html

Lorraine

--
L.
Pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/raineontheplain
Old December 26th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

news
wrote:

Its GE. The whole electronic pad would need replaced. It spent at least
three hours yesterday beeping. If we turn off the circuit breaker we lose
the microwave too.

For now it is silent. Tomorrow we will look for a replacement. Two
hundred
dollars plus labor is too much to invest in a seven year old oven. But
seven years is also too soon to expect to have to replace the da#m thing.
Just be grateful we can. I know.

Jo,

I just did a quick search on 'GE oven F7." It looks to be a common
problem. Have you read this?
http://forums.treemedia.com/fb/archi...php/t-257.html

Lorraine

Thank you. That looks like something I can do, and it might well work.

Also appreciate the getting it to shut up clue. It isn't beeping at the
moment but we have been pretty random and not very lucky getting it to shut
up.

How do they stay in business with things like entire neighborhoods having
the same breakdown at the same time?

Jo

Old December 27th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jo Firey wrote:

The Christmas "spirits" around here have evidently been nipping at the
eggnog and are running around playing pranks.

There is a very large roast of beef in my refrigerator. And yes I'm
grateful to have a large roast and enough family to enjoy it. Even if none
of they can seem to agree on a time to eat that will suit even most of the.

This morning after using the oven to fix some bacon, it started beeping. If
you pressed clear/off it would stop for a minute and then start again.
After a while the electronic number read F7. Press off and it would quit
for a minute. Once in a while other things would light up, but none of the
usual buttons would work.

snip
We get in the house and the oven is no longer beeping. In fact it seems to
be working just fine. Wish I could say the same for me.

Somewhere Santa's elves are having a great laugh at my expense.

Jo

Hugs and purrs for you, Jo,
Polonca and Soncek

Old December 28th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

the good news here is that we have a roaster we use for turkey and ham, it
is so much easier than the oven, as you can view the entire carcass from the
top and baste easier as well, Lee
. net...