Freaked out felines

Old December 5th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default Freaked out felines

Last night was strong gusting winds. Same this morning with added horizontal
rain. So last night was noisy with the sound of the wind against the
windows. Cue freaked out felines. My three really don't like the noise and
are wide-eyed, unsettled, tail-lashing felines wandering from room to room
in a most upset fashion. Poor beasties!

Old December 5th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
Last night was strong gusting winds. Same this morning with added
horizontal rain. So last night was noisy with the sound of the wind
against the windows. Cue freaked out felines. My three really don't like
the noise and are wide-eyed, unsettled, tail-lashing felines wandering
from room to room in a most upset fashion. Poor beasties!

When we had some real autumn storms here lately, I was surprised to
discover that Caliban loves strong winds and horizontal rain! I had the
door to the enclosure ajar, but Miranda mostly stayed inside, curled up
on the cat tree. Then I would get to wondering where Caliban was, peek
outside, and there he would be sitting, looking at the driving rain in
wide-eyed wonder. The wind in the shrubbery outside my garden wall was
also irresistible to him. As long as he sat in the innermost nook, under
the balcony of the flat above mine, he could stay dry and watch the
storm, and there he would sit for hours.

Old December 5th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

wafflycat wrote:
Last night was strong gusting winds. Same this morning with added horizontal
rain. So last night was noisy with the sound of the wind against the
windows. Cue freaked out felines. My three really don't like the noise and
are wide-eyed, unsettled, tail-lashing felines wandering from room to room
in a most upset fashion. Poor beasties!

Rita loves thunderstorms, especially with lightning. She sits in the
window, wide-eyed and fascinated, watching the storm outside. I've
never seen a cat do that before. On the other hand, she's also not
afraid of the sucky monster.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old December 5th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:25:10 -0000, "wafflycat"
yodeled:

Last night was strong gusting winds. Same this morning with added horizontal
rain. So last night was noisy with the sound of the wind against the
windows. Cue freaked out felines. My three really don't like the noise and
are wide-eyed, unsettled, tail-lashing felines wandering from room to room
in a most upset fashion. Poor beasties!

Aww, Stinky hates those noisy storms, too. He slinks down to the
basement, creeping-Jesus fashion, and stays down there.

The thing that really bothers me about the storm thing is that Stinky
loves company more than anything, and it takes something really
upsetting to send him off by himself. So he's miserable because he's
scared by the storm, and he's miserable because he's alone. After
awhile I go down there to check on him, and much of the time, he will
literally fling himself into my arms. But he won't come back up with
me. So a lot of the time, I end up staying down in the basement with
him in my lap.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 5th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 10:25:10 +0000, wafflycat wrote:

Last night was strong gusting winds. Same this morning with added horizontal
rain. So last night was noisy with the sound of the wind against the
windows. Cue freaked out felines. My three really don't like the noise and
are wide-eyed, unsettled, tail-lashing felines wandering from room to room
in a most upset fashion. Poor beasties!

When we have a storm like that,I open the bedroom closet door so TuTu can
go in and hide until it is quiet again. If she gets frightened while I
am out, I usually find her under the covers on my bed. Scared cat!
Old December 5th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Marina" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Our cats don't much mind. It never gets that cold here and the wind is kind
of a novelty. They will tolerate almost any weather to avoid the indoor
litterbox. The wind makes things move and they love to chase leaves etc.

Kayla on the other hand. Bred for generations to tend to herds in the wild
weather of northern England and Scotland, hates wind. She is OK with rain,
and doesn't mind the cold. But she draws the line at wind. If she was a
working dog with her own herd to care for they would be flat out of luck on
windy days. (Or maybe she would just drive them into the least windy place
she could find and make them stay there)

Jo

Old December 5th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message
Last night was strong gusting winds. Same this morning with added
horizontal rain. So last night was noisy with the sound of the wind
against the windows. Cue freaked out felines. My three really don't like
the noise and are wide-eyed, unsettled, tail-lashing felines wandering
from room to room in a most upset fashion. Poor beasties!

It's like that in Leicestershire too, started Saturday night and kept me
awake until 4 a.m Sunday, howling winds and lashing rain. My greenhouse is
in poor shape now :-(
My cats seem to be oblivious to scary weather, and fireworks too.
We seem to having some of the same today, purrs that your cats will settle
like mine. KFC is unconscious in front of the fire and Boyfie is
meatloafing on the kitchen rug pointing his face towards the door,
considering whether or not to go out on rat patrol.
I know he's not afraid of bad weather. I remember that he accompanied me to
check the chicken hut roofs a while ago during a really bad storm in the
night.
He's just decided the rats can wait until tomorrow and got on to the settee.
Wise choice, it's a bit wild out there!

Other Brits, how's your weather? Breezy?

Tweed

Tweed

Old December 5th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

Other Brits, how's your weather? Breezy?

Strong winds and intermittent rain, yucky but not as bad as yours I
think!

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old December 5th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Debbie Wilson wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Other Brits, how's your weather? Breezy?

Strong winds and intermittent rain, yucky but not as bad as yours I
think!

Deb.

Looking at the satellite pictures tonight there's more to come.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 5th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Debbie Wilson wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Other Brits, how's your weather? Breezy?

Strong winds and intermittent rain, yucky but not as bad as yours I
think!

Deb.

Looking at the satellite pictures tonight there's more to come.
--

Wow. You guys don't normally get this harsh of weather, do you?