Purrs worked!! Ferret boy is SAFE!!!

Old January 15th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Purrs worked!! Ferret boy is SAFE!!!

Sian, the vet tech had enough sense to wait until I had a chance to
speak to her this morning about ferrety boy. It transpires that
ferrety boy had been dumped and had been collected by the RSPCA from
someones garden. He is apparently a red sable and has a name.....

I had to apologise to my Year 11 bottom set pupils because I had to
take a phone call about teh ferret in their science lesson. Kids being
kids, asked what the call was about, so I told them. I agreed that
they could name the ferret. He is now called FUNGUS.

They thought it hilarious that "Miss" has been suckered into yet
another waif/stray...

He'll be at the vets on Thursday, as the RSPCA have to collect him
from their boarding facility and deliver him back to the vets. He also
has to be neutered, which hopefully it seems the RSPCA are paying for.
I've also asked for him to be microchipped....

Thank you for the keep safe purrs - they've worked! I'll know more
when I get Fungus, but I will be staying on top of the situation too.

Helen M
Old January 15th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
[...]

FUNGUS. Oh my. You might have to get him a brother named MUNGUS.

Old January 15th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Jan 15, 1:41*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Woo hoo! *And could "Fungus" possibly become the classroom mascot?

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Just what I was thinking. A lot of our science teachers have animals
in the class room. These include fish, turtles, rabbits, rodents,
snakes, tarantulas, and other ickies and oohies. The only reason I
worked for one science teacher was the chance to pet his rabbit.
Fungus and his cage would give the students a good chance to learn
about ferrets and such and give Fungus a group of friends to hang out
with. Something to toss at the head master if you have to ask
permission.

Pam S. who thinks Fungus would do well in a friendly classroom
Old January 15th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I wish I didn't keep hearing bad stories about the RSPCA.

As well as being authoritarian thugs obsessed with killing any
pets they get their hands on, they're liars. They fundraise
extensively in Scotland, and *never* mention that NOT ONE
PENNY of the money they get will be spent here - the Scottish
equivalent is the SSPCA, and revenues are not shared between
them.

The SSPCA is no better from what I've heard, but at least they
aren't conning animal lovers in another country.

Old January 16th 08, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:14:23 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

[...]

There's a Fungus among us! I'm so glad he was saved. The vet tech
deserves some praise for her part in saving the ferret. No doubt she has
seen many nice pets destroyed needlessly :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old January 16th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

wrote:
[...]

Whew! Since I didn't read this yesterday, I read your first post, and
am desperately looking for an UPDATE label, going "The ferret, what
happened to the ferret????" So glad to find out he's okay :-)

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com